Christmas Order With a Gold

6.5x55SE

Conor's bosses asked him could he possibly shoot them Goose Duck Pheasant and Partridge for Christmas also has a work friend ask me for a joint of Venison. No pressure then for us BOTH. Hedging our bets we went for morning flight taking my 6.5x55  ( which i took in its case for flight so not too leave it in my truck ) try for a Deer on the way home. Sitting beside a good flowing wide river i told Conor (1) be alert for woodcock coming across the River (2) quick reload as any will be lift at a shot. Hardly had we settled a woodcock appeared shouting Conor my voice was drowned by Bang resulting in dead Woodcock at the shot Duck erupted everywhere a quick volley of shots resulting in Conor getting Mallard Widgeon along with a single Greylag me nothing having missed four shots at Duck . Asking Conor did he want me to send my dog after his Goose which fell in the river. Assuring him his pup would be safe i watched proudly as his pup swam strongly to retrieve his Goose. As i walked to Conor praising him and his pup two Grey's appeared you take the left I'll take the right my shot stuffed my Goose Conor some how missed. A flurry of Duck activity saw me shoot a Mallard and two Widgeon.

Driving back checking for Deer i spied some Chinese Water Deer ( which are Rutting )  after approximately 15 minutes i gave Conor the go ahead to try for what I knew was a very good buck. Having stalked to a point i suggested watching through my Binoculars i saw the target deer collapse followed by a moderated crack. As Conor stayed at the point of shot i took his pup to him. Having sent his pup we both watched his dog air sent then get onto the Deer encouraging Drake ( pup ) to rag the deer i stopped looked at Conor smiled gave a hand followed by a hug and well done Conor you have shot a Gold Medal CWD. Having seen and studied 32 Roe i finally found a suitable Roe Doe . Go on Grandad you shoot it I'm still shaking plus I've had so many first this. A short stalk saw the 6.5x55 drop the Roe. So a cracking morning with more first's for Conor and Drake along with long lasting memories.