F1 Pre - Race Waffle.

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's a challenge that can be made that will make a difference. What could the race organisers do now?

Say 'Lewis you won, because we don't think Max could have caught you? Too many variables could have been played out, lock ups, accidents, etc. And it robs every other driver below of what they achieved on the last lap.

Void the whole race? Max is still World champ by virtue of race wins.

Penalty for Max? For what? In this episode, Max was completely innocent. He'd done nothing wrong, it's the laws that have muddled it all.

It will always be a controversial ending, we'll be talking about it for years to come. The issue of safety cars and lapped cars needs looking at. 

Just now, figgy said:

Never in my life have witnessed such cack as what I have just seen.

They handed verstsppen the title knowing full well exactly what would happen.

Stinks.

I'm no fan of Hamilton but if I was max I'd be bloody ashamed to have it handed to me like that.

He won’t be, he is Dutch and after 21 years of working with them, I can say that they have no scruples and a level of arrogance that far exceeds any other nationality that I have worked with. 

They didn't let all the lapped cars through as they should have. Eith all or none.

They decided to put verstsppen on Hamilton's tail knowing full well how it would end. A stupid choice from the race officials thinking it would be great to see. How daft do they think everyone watching is. 

Just now, Smokersmith said:

It's a bitter pill to swallow ... but I don't see what the FIA did wrong.

Any of the bellyachers on here care to share what rule was broken to favour Max?

Some talk of allowing certain lapped cars to overtake, but not others, which would be unfairly applying them. 

The stewards were done for either way. Whichever team lost out would have liquored up and come down the mountain on them, so I guess they had two choices: Apply the letter of the law and unfairly bias Lewis; or just let them race, Hamilton with track position Max with the tyres. They went for the latter.