F1 Pre - Race Waffle.

TIGHTCHOKE

well ...its all over now................wait and see what happens next season........i have a sneaking suspision that Russell will not roll over as easy as Toto thinks,,,,,,when he gets a bight of the cherry he will be hot to trot....then you have Norris    and the improvements to other cars next year...then chuck mad max in the middle and who knows what is going to happen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one and only reason i can see for Mercedes to pull the appeal, even though its looking they could have won it. is the tarnish to the brand being seen as sore losers.  The cost of coming second pales compared to cost of looking unbecoming and damaging their image.

Moto Gp for me next year and other racing not governed by these fixing fools.

Edited by figgy

6 minutes ago, figgy said:

The one and only reason i can see for Mercedes to pull the appeal, even though its looking they could have won it. is the tarnish to the brand being seen as sore losers.  The cost of coming second pales compared to cost of looking unbecoming and damaging their image.

Remember the wrestling on sat afternoon....mick mac manus....TV pal...pretty boy floyd....the old ladies attacking them with their handbags........maybe those bouts were fixed...but it made good veiwing...and the ladys beleived every moment of it :lol:

no difference between that and F1 eh ?

1 hour ago, figgy said:

They wouldn't have won it. The wording of the critical rules is just vague enough to have allowed Masi to do what he did. and what could they do about it anyway? the result couldn't have been changed, so it would have all been a bit pointless. they have already won the moral argument and public opinion, so that'll do and as you say pushing further makes them look like sore losers

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

They wouldn't have won it. The wording of the critical rules is just vague enough to have allowed Masi to do what he did. and what could they do about it anyway? the result couldn't have been changed, so it would have all been a bit pointless. they have already won the moral argument and public opinion, so that'll do and as you say pushing further makes them look like sore losers

It’s just what I read online that they could have a legal appeal over it. 

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Remember the wrestling on sat afternoon....mick mac manus....TV pal...pretty boy floyd....the old ladies attacking them with their handbags........maybe those bouts were fixed...but it made good veiwing...and the ladys beleived every moment of it :lol:

no difference between that and F1 eh ?

Ditch your not wrong. I remember all the auld dears with stern faces and handbags at the ready to bash any that got flung out of the ring. Kendo Nagasaki 

14 minutes ago, figgy said:

Ditch your not wrong. I remember all the auld dears with stern faces and handbags at the ready to bash any that got flung out of the ring. Kendo Nagasaki 

yeeehhheee......kendo - nagasaki......that was the one i was trying to think of...cheers :good:

Jackie Pallo !!!!!

Cat weasal !!!

Edited by ditchman

39 minutes ago, figgy said:

Theoretical, not practical though. It'd come down to what the rules actually mean by 'any' lapped cars. The trouble is it's vague enough to be one lawyer's word against another, so even if they took it to court in front of a judge with barristers, the same impasse would still arise. 

Then you're left with what the 'spirit' of the law is. Well, the spirit of F1 is to race and not trundle round behind a beefed up executive's midlife crisis car. 

If they took it to CAS, the only thing CAS can do is to look at the laws and see whether the decision was made within the parameters of the laws of F1, which it probably was - just, especially as there's nothing that can be done to rectify the situation retrospectively.

A bad business all round. Hopefully they'll tighten up the rules. And sack Masi.

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

yeeehhheee......kendo - nagasaki......that was the one i was trying to think of...cheers :good:

Jackie Pallo !!!!!

Cat weasal !!!

When I was young I loved Saturday Afternoon at my Grandparents watching the wrestling. They had a caravan at Calorgram at Fleetwood and we used to go to the tower to watch it. Their neighbour was a guy called Billy Beech who was an old time wrestler under the name of Ted Beech from a line of Wrestlers and knew all of the crop on the telly having trained a lot of them. ( last entry https://www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk/bbeech.htm)

Another big name was Johnny Saint - he had a B&B just over from Blackpool’s Pleasure Beach, across the road from my Aunt’s B&B and he had car troubles one day and my Grandad fixed it for him and they became good friends with Johnny calling him Uncle Tom. 

I last saw Johnny must be 28 years ago at the shop he owned there - he remembered me and my Grandad

And they were staged at that time - from multiple horses mouths

12 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

Everyone watching wrestling knew it was staged, you just enjoyed it for what it was - entertainment.

F1 isn't supposed to be like that.

I just hope that 1) Masi has directed his last race and 2) the protocol gets amended to make sure nothing like this ever happens again.

if lewis was 30 points ahead.....i think FIA would let him win under the safety car..............this was the last race of the season with a 50/50 outcome and it needed an emphatic end/solution....they needed to race against each other to determine an outcome.......max's tyre change was made well before the decision.........

it will be interesting to see the rational behind all this............i dont think any heads will roll as a result

This 'showdown' was being promoted across the globe, to many who were new to F1.

Built up , Blown up to be the duel of duels!

Decided by a bloke sat at a desk . 

I'm not a Hamilton fan , but he was hung out to dry by an Aussie ( pom hater), who knew exactly what the outcome of his dodgy decision would be . Life time supply of Red Bull from Dr Marko?

And I really dislike 'Spice Boy'  .