Country file and lead ban

Smokersmith

I didn't think it was all negative. Surprised they didn't bring out CP or Dr No, as they have just had a go and tested for the same. Liam Stokes BGA said he actually done 2hrs of footage/interview for the show covering a lot more but they used a mere 40 seconds. As said biased reporting. Interesting that the "scientist" struggle to identify shot from seeds. Plenty of folk have complained to BBC about the show. GWCT have responded to it. Tabloids have said public have complained about the negative biased reporting. As i have said many time before, instead of just moaning amongst ourselves if we really care we can all have a voice about shooting and conservation and be educators. It works! The public are not so stupid and anti shooting as some folk think, or the anti media would have us and others believe.   NB

12 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

I didn't think it was all negative. Surprised they didn't bring out CP or Dr No, as they have just had a go and tested for the same. Liam Stokes BGA said he actually done 2hrs of footage/interview for the show covering a lot more but they used a mere 40 seconds. As said biased reporting. Interesting that the "scientist" struggle to identify shot from seeds. Plenty of folk have complained to BBC about the show. GWCT have responded to it. Tabloids have said public have complained about the negative biased reporting. As i have said many time before, instead of just moaning amongst ourselves if we really care we can all have a voice about shooting and conservation and be educators. It works! The public are not so stupid and anti shooting as some folk think, or the anti media would have us and others believe.   NB

If they struggle to identify shot from seeds, how can they confidently tell bismuth from lead by poking it with a scapel as in the clip?

16 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

You are absolutely right re the antis trying to perpetuate the myth - that the gen’ public are against us. The average member of the public don’t give a damn. We are dealing (in the main) with a minority of very loud and well organised extremists, many of whom see it as part of their ‘class war’. 

17 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Well there we go.  "Interesting that the "scientist" struggle to identify shot from seeds".  It's organic shot.!

"Liam Stokes BGA said he actually done 2hrs of footage/interview for the show covering a lot more but they used a mere 40 seconds" ..... This is a big part of the problem.  we are not making tv programs.  Anti activists are making programs and HELPFULL innocents are lambs to the slaughter.  A person who was interested in wild boar was asked to do an interview and was VERY HELPFULL.  BUT when the article was published every word that he had said had been completely turned upside down and 're phrased to mean something completely different. Total sell out.  And what do our representatives do.?  That field sports channel is an example of ineptitude.  No wonder kwis runs rings around them. Remember the General licence chaos..!

We just got to accept we going to loose lead and game folk got to try harder and easier to get more game into the food chain. Don't have any problem shifting surplus myself and have made some great non shooting friends/regulars/supporters doing it and educated many others. Some are amazed your offering them free food and get that shooting and killing is part of it. Give up the game on Face book a great site for doing that and well worth supporting and using just for that reason. Plenty of info and banter about grub and shooting to. . . . I think we are holding there own at mo. As it has gone on more folk have seen through WJ and the anti shooting political class war. Packham's band wagoner's have fallen away. Tony Juniper is not the puppet CP, Avery and the strange angry gal thought he would be from on the same day he took up the post at NE as they first challenged the GL's Lot more of us pushing back now and educating folk. in a good informative way. Remember FSC were one of the first to have a go back at them though, and still do weekly. TGS GWCT and Gamekeepers Association have made some good programmes to. C4PMC good to, and not afraid of getting stuck in. Plenty of good info on youtube. That where i send folk who are interested in both sides of the story and learning more. Show n tell them a little and if they are really interested or care they will find out more for themselves. They may never take up shooting but many get the whole shooting and conservation picture and don't want to stop our way of life. Some have even joined GWCT Because like so many they are not happy with RSPB or WT.         NB

On 14/12/2021 at 19:10, Minky said:

Well there we go.  "Interesting that the "scientist" struggle to identify shot from seeds".  It's organic shot.!

Yes in my Humble opinion as lead comes out of the Ground

and another one how many people do you know that have died of lead poisoning?

And for the record does any member on here know anybody who has died of lead poisoning?

Edited by silver fox 1

Don’t watch it anymore used too enjoy it years ago but gave up when they started having that Tom Heap on there he is so anti shooting probably one of the worst tv presenters out there, he is also one of those who probably think clay pigeon shooting is cruel once met someone who actually thought clay pigeons were real birds so then spent next 30mins educating them

On 23/12/2021 at 10:13, Vince Green said:

They should be taken to account for quoting numbers that cannot be substantiated.

"Every year xyz birds die from ingesting lead shot"

But who counts them? It's just made up

Every time they say it we should all complain and ask for proof

And that’s where BASC should be pressing home the case.

following this up with senior tv execs 

Agriv8