Jigsaw broken - what next lads?

mgsontour

Hi all

My 15year old Bosch jig saw has packed in, nothing lasts 5mins these days!

I now need another one ( I'm no joiner type person so assume a jigsaw is still the tool to buy )

I know from other types of tools that the blades are a key part of the job so don't want to be buying a new one only to be faced with the blades to be more expensive than the initial purchase, so can you give me some guidance on which jigsaw to buy?

Cheers in advance and appreciate your help as always

Just now, Ultrastu said:

Plug in or battery ? 

I use makita battery stuff and haven't used a plug in since I went fully cordless over 10 years ago .

For general/hobby use, I bought a WORX which is very good, AND, there's a good offer in B&Q at the moment.

https://www.diy.com/departments/skip20a-worx-20v-max-li-multi-purpose-sa/1701466_BQ.prd

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

Lidl cordless £19.99 all you will need.

Not helpful if Lidl's middle aisle isn't doing them at the moment - which they ain't, it's full of Christmas/skiing tat.  That said, I've got their 12v barrel grip model, very good for >£20.

Personally, I'd want a circular saw before I got a jigsaw, depending on what you're doing of course.  If you're breaking sheet material/long straight cuts, circ saw.  If you're doing small curves, jig saw.