Pellet Advice - Oxidation?

drsdavid

Hi all, I have 2 tins of Bisley Pest control pellets. One has been opened and I've noticed they have become a bit 'dusty' as it the elements got to them. Not too bad but noticeable compared to my new tin. These pellets do seem a bit matt finish anyway compared to other brands.

Should I ditch them? Or does anyone have a remedy? Wash in WD40 and dry etc etc?

Any tips welcome! Cheers. David 

37 minutes ago, drsdavid said:

Thank you I'll do that as soon as I get home.

Thanks again, David 

I've read of people using kitchen roll to gently move and dry the pellets,  lie them out on dry kitchen roll-over night, and give the tin a wipe as well.

worth a quick look on YouTube,  there's a good few video's on.

7 hours ago, drsdavid said:

Hi all, I have 2 tins of Bisley Pest control pellets. One has been opened and I've noticed they have become a bit 'dusty' as it the elements got to them. Not too bad but noticeable compared to my new tin. These pellets do seem a bit matt finish anyway compared to other brands.

Should I ditch them? Or does anyone have a remedy? Wash in WD40 and dry etc etc?

Any tips welcome! Cheers. David 

No don't ditch them send them up to me, the tree rats around here aren't fussy and I am sure they will work fine in my AA S200.

Depending on the level of oxidation  .

A bit - done worry just shoot them .

A fair amount  shoot them and wash your hands carefully afterwards 

A lot  don't shoot them as your gonna be blowing lead dust into the air around you (to breath in .) It also gets into places in your gun you don't want loads of lead dust  

Silencers  .breech .magazines etc .

You can wash if you want to ,  but it  seems a faff to me, for an old tin of pellets that probably  won't shoot too well after you have finished messing about  .

Depends on the usage I suspect .

Edited by Ultrastu

I can't help you with pellets that have already oxidised but I can recommend spraying pellets with lubotechnics lt2 to prevent it. I bought every box of premier.20 that I could find here and on trips to the states going back 15-20 yrs back , they are still as new . One atomiser will do tens of thousands of pellets 

22 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

That would depend on what type of gun your firing them through. .use wd40 on pellets through a spring gun and your likely to get dieseling .ruining accuracy  energy levels and your gun .

True so you have to be sparing, spring gun's micro diesel as I'm sure you know, hence why you have to take into account the kind of grease you use in the cylinder.