ATA airborne

Ken the cake

That's exactly what happened to mine. Just shot all the air out the filling valve. First time after I filled it and tried releasing the hose pressure. It's prob a 5p o ring and tbh if it go's again I'll be fixing it as I genuinely like the gun and the shop is a bit of a trek

Mine got sent back and was returned in 10 days i think. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Ken the cake said:

Hiya got mine back replaced o ring on filling valve went to range yesterday but don’t seem to have the same shoot count after 10 mags pressure dropped to under 90 bar was getting about 320 shoots on a full 230 bar and also very difficult to release pressure hose from filling valve 

Done better than mine 😂

I've had it a few months and due to my part not being able to shoot it (and hide it from the misses), I've put 10 pellets through to chrono it when I first got it and that's been it. After taking it on hols to do a bit of hunting and finding it's dumped nearly 200bar I'm a bit miffed if I'm honest. ******* fuming actually. Should of took the fx. 

I really like everything about the rifle, weight, length ect ect but I can't be dealing with this. If he offers a exchange, I'll get a np03. Or a springer 😂

16 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Done better than mine 😂

I've had it a few months and due to my part not being able to shoot it (and hide it from the misses), I've put 10 pellets through to chrono it when I first got it and that's been it. After taking it on hols to do a bit of hunting and finding it's dumped nearly 200bar I'm a bit miffed if I'm honest. ******* fuming actually. Should of took the fx. 

I really like everything about the rifle, weight, length ect ect but I can't be dealing with this. If he offers a exchange, I'll get a np03. Or a springer 😂

Hello, that's a shame, have you thought of a BSA Gammo GX 40 ??

38 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, that's a shame, have you thought of a BSA Gammo GX 40 ??

I've got a ultra se and fx cyclone, i just fancied a change. Tbh I've played with a gx40, and I didn't like it. 

For £400 it seemed a good buy, regulated, side lever, 2 mags, walnut stock, silencer and a massive bottle. Just seems the qc is **** on this batch as its busted twice in 2 fills. Shame as their shotguns are quite good, I've used the sporter in laminet quite a lot and felt/shot like a nice solid gun. 

I've just emailed the shop asking for a exchange, even when its fixed I couldn't trust it now. 

Tut tut Ata. 

Hiya got mine back replaced o ring on filling valve went to range yesterday but don’t seem to have the same shoot count after 10 mags pressure dropped to under 90 bar was getting about 320 shoots on a full 230 bar and also very difficult to release pressure hose from filling valve 

DB guns in Thame oxon is where I brought mine he has his own Mr Fix-it on site and he told me the quality of the filler valve and O rings was cheap and has replaced the O rings with a better fit so I’m still hopeful like you I really like the Airborne 🤔

18 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

I've got a ultra se and fx cyclone, i just fancied a change. Tbh I've played with a gx40, and I didn't like it. 

For £400 it seemed a good buy, regulated, side lever, 2 mags, walnut stock, silencer and a massive bottle. Just seems the qc is **** on this batch as its busted twice in 2 fills. Shame as their shotguns are quite good, I've used the sporter in laminet quite a lot and felt/shot like a nice solid gun. 

I've just emailed the shop asking for a exchange, even when its fixed I couldn't trust it now. 

Tut tut Ata. 

Hello, what about a KRAL NP 03 ? 

15 hours ago, Ken the cake said:

DB guns in Thame oxon is where I brought mine he has his own Mr Fix-it on site and he told me the quality of the filler valve and O rings was cheap and has replaced the O rings with a better fit so I’m still hopeful like you I really like the Airborne 🤔

Hello, it's not likely a filling probe problem although it should go in the fill hole without being to tight,, maybe these air rifles don't have the shot count as stated by manufacturer , ? , You can work out the shot count by size of bottle, I have seen a link to this maybe on the AGF forum

49 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

That's what I'll be looking at. Would like the np02 but the lever is on the left. 

Hello, I am right handed but found the lever ok with left hand and loading mag on right, it was a tad heavy for me with night vision , and awkward on sticks, was 177 so sold on with no loss on money which was pleasing, 

56 minutes ago, Ken the cake said:

Question for strimmer_13 when filling your Airborne did you use the adapter that came with your gun?I have been using the bottle at the range and found out they take the valve out of the foster fitting to help with quick filling and think this is why my valve went 

Hello, Alan 123 bought one and had to buy a better filling adapter, maybe worth contacting Alan ? He put a post on here about this,

2 hours ago, Ken the cake said:

Question for strimmer_13 when filling your Airborne did you use the adapter that came with your gun?I have been using the bottle at the range and found out they take the valve out of the foster fitting to help with quick filling and think this is why my valve went 

I've been using the one supplied. I do have another that came on a whip I've got spare, but tbh I can't see how that would make the valve blow out as its on the wrong end (by that I mean it's the gun inlet valve that's failing internally, not the quick fill adapter) I also gave my best fittings one away when I sold my falcon recently. 

It leaked 130+bar just sitting for a few weeks as well. Honestly the o rings must be made of cheese. I'm tempted to give it another go if I get a replacement, but I'm not giving in and having a faulty gun returned again. 

I'm going to replace it and probably get a kral np02 unless anything else pops up in the shop that catches my eye. 

On 09/01/2022 at 13:30, strimmer_13 said:

I've been using the one supplied. I do have another that came on a whip I've got spare, but tbh I can't see how that would make the valve blow out as its on the wrong end (by that I mean it's the gun inlet valve that's failing internally, not the quick fill adapter) I also gave my best fittings one away when I sold my falcon recently. 

It leaked 130+bar just sitting for a few weeks as well. Honestly the o rings must be made of cheese. I'm tempted to give it another go if I get a replacement, but I'm not giving in and having a faulty gun returned again. 

I'm going to replace it and probably get a kral np02 unless anything else pops up in the shop that catches my eye. 

If you fill too fast the air flowing quickly at high pressure can damage the o ring in the fill valve this is why restrictors are fitted.

I'd load up the vid of me filling it, I knew it was going to go pop so filmed it and showed the rfd where I bought it. You can hear the inlet valve **** itself then a load of me swearing. So best not show it on here. 

Its not even allowing it to be filled, it's as soon as the hose pressurised to the gun you get a very very loud click and then it dumps the air. 

Anyway its back at the shop, see how it gets on. 

Never had this problem with theobens, fxs, falcons or bsas.