Licence Renewal

Marka11

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Never ever had a problem from that direction but would have assumed by now they would have contacted me if anyhting was amiss. Leicestershire have always been top hole but of course they don't have John Toone in charge these days. 

I come under Westmid/Staffs and they are now saying I need the new doctors report to accompany my renewal, do you not need the new doctors report with Leicestershire police?

5 hours ago, old'un said:

I come under Westmid/Staffs and they are now saying I need the new doctors report to accompany my renewal, do you not need the new doctors report with Leicestershire police?

As said, never been a problem before and would have thought I would have had a communication about it by now (8 weeks).

Still no reply to my e mail. Tomorrow a phone call.

57 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

As said, never been a problem before and would have thought I would have had a communication about it by now (8 weeks).

Still no reply to my e mail. Tomorrow a phone call.

Did you send the new doctors report/form with your renewal?????

No doctors report form included in their paperwork, just a space to fill in Dr's details and address as before with Leicestershire. Still no reponse, so telephone call in the morning.    With this covid fiasco it only needs one person to test postive and the whole department can be history.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Did you send the new doctors report/form with your renewal?????

53 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

No doctors report form included in their paperwork, just a space to fill in Dr's details and address as before with Leicestershire. Still no reponse, so telephone call in the morning.    With this covid fiasco it only needs one person to test postive and the whole department can be history.

It's another form you have to download and give to your GP surgery, I've just had a look on Leicestershire Police's website and it states they are requiring the GP proforma with all grants and renewals.

https://www.leics.police.uk/ar/applyregister/fao/af/apply-firearm-shotgun-explosives-certificate/renew-firearm-certificate-apply-new-shotgun-certificate/

742826992_Screenshot_20211220-174251_SamsungInternet.jpg.a22b6406ba05e631b35e08eaea6af6c5.jpg

gp-proforma.pdf

Spoke to my firearms dept this morning got admit the guy I spoke too seemed switched on and answered all my questions no problems said they have now put the medical form req on their website well last Thursday they did after I had submitted my paperwork and they had received it and had another letter this morning off them enclosed was extension forms 111 and 112 until April 22 the letter stating due too current circumstances it could be a while so at least I get too keep what I have all nice and safe instead of taking them to a RFD for safe keeping. 

That may well have been the form I put my Doctors details on.  We will find out tomorrow on the phone.  As I said 30 years  record with them so re newed six times and never a problem.  No change in circumstances.   A friend had his dealt with over the phone.

They assume you have a computer as well.

Edited by Walker570

Simular situation to the op with someone I know, renewal sent in on time then gp  form sent out 2 week later, left at the doctors who kept it for 3 weeks then refused to complete it (they want nothing to do with firearms). He had to get a copy of his medical records and send them to a gp recommended by BASC who completed it for a fee. Looks like this is the way I will have to go when mine is due same doctors. South Yorkshire police area FLO has been good dealing with it.

Well my friendly enquiry worked.  Very efficient Firarms Officer called on the phone and asked if I minded if he sorted the renewal on the phone.  No problem.  He had a few questions on details and on my medical background which was quickly sorted. No mention of medical form etc etc. but did ask for the details of my blood pressure tablets, honestly you couldn't mmake it up but he has to ask the questions. In all a ten minute phone call, sorted. The usual efficient friendly response I have always had with Leicestershire Firearms Licensing.   The fun bit was getting through to their phone. All machine voices , no actual human response,  press this press that and then an answering machine.  What are police forces coming too.

Just saw the interview on GB News with the ex police officer  accused of a non crime crime..  no I'm not making it up. The police are actually wasting millions of tax payers money on this sort of thing.  Scary.

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Well my friendly enquiry worked.  Very efficient Firarms Officer called on the phone and asked if I minded if he sorted the renewal on the phone.  No problem.  He had a few questions on details and on my medical background which was quickly sorted. No mention of medical form etc etc. but did ask for the details of my blood pressure tablets, honestly you couldn't mmake it up but he has to ask the questions. In all a ten minute phone call, sorted. The usual efficient friendly response I have always had with Leicestershire Firearms Licensing.   The fun bit was getting through to their phone. All machine voices , no actual human response,  press this press that and then an answering machine.  What are police forces coming too.

Just saw the interview on GB News with the ex police officer  accused of a non crime crime..  no I'm not making it up. The police are actually wasting millions of tax payers money on this sort of thing.  Scary.

Well in that case I might just phone them and ask if there is any need for me to send this new doctor report in with my renewal as this is my 10th renewal.

On 21/12/2021 at 10:55, wymberley said:

Any other NGO members seen the latest missive?

Never mind what the police are playing at, this isn't going to help.:

"The Home Office has told GPs that they can de-prioritise the provision of firearms licensing letters in order to concentrate on Covid 19 booster vaccinations. This comes at a time when these letters have become mandatory for all certificate applications, both on initial grant and renewal."

39 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Never mind what the police are playing at, this isn't going to help.:

"The Home Office has told GPs that they can de-prioritise the provision of firearms licensing letters in order to concentrate on Covid 19 booster vaccinations. This comes at a time when these letters have become mandatory for all certificate applications, both on initial grant and renewal."

Well it would seem not, see Walkers post.

My renewal letter from Cumbria Police states a medical certificate is required from 1 Nov 2021 so I think Walkers application has been granted because he applied in October and didn’t need a certificate at the time of application.

As a matter of interest my guidance notes are contradictory, my notes state that applications will not be considered/accepted unless accompanied by the Doctors certificate but the doctors guidance notes initially recommend them to send the certificate directly to the Licensing unit by Secure NHS Mail!

The Cumbria Police web help page now  states that NHS have advised doctors that dealing with firearm medical certificates is not a priority for the next four weeks, but does not give any extension to applicants😡