AVIAN FLU OUTBREAK

The only DIRECT way of birds picking this up and spreading it (other than hugging or kissing each other) would be through contact with droppings or ingesting contaminated food ( i cant see 4000 barnacles eagerly eating ,even accidentally, each others droppings Id be interested  to have some independent research done on exactly how many of these dead geese were killed by avian flu .Its easy enough to say its flu that killed them but being  open minded id feel id want to ask for proof .I would also like to have this tracked in as much as where these birds had been roosting and feeding and if the recorded incidences and deaths had birds that showed commonalities in their movements. No one seems to be asking if its an issue with commonality of feeding areas or contact with something other than each other that could have caused such a rapid spreading of this killer be it avian flu or whatever.  Im no virologist but flu ,we all know, has an incubation period. These birds have been in  the UK for months,Its not ben  brought in by a barnie .To have a sudden outbreak such as this has a patient zero as with any virus. That bird ,if there was one, would have incubated  the virus here  and then probably died. The ability for it to spread so prolifically i  find odd and im interested in why no mention of human involvement is not suggested through perhaps contaminated feed put down on those reserves that are showing fatalities .My limited observations do allow me to ponder a more open mind on this issue without going off the deep end.   My  concern is that either domestic birds have infected the wild geese via their **** blowing in the wind (hmmm) or perhaps some idiot has had sick poultry and then wandered about some reserve someplace spreading the virus off his or her wellies? Possibly contaminated feed though bought from poultry feed suppliers and dished out on some reserves ???? ".I doubt any organisation will do a hands up if thats the case.  Remembering that some idiotic poultry farmer could have spread chicken **** on his fields and the geese may have picked up the virus on  some contaminated arable..I do think the where from question is as important as  any other question here. Avian Influenza (AI) is spread in direct bird to bird contact through secretions and faecal material. Transmission can also be on the clothing, contaminated feed, water, equipment, boots etc. Transmission can also be in the wind is when faecal material is in dust and blown in the wind."

Edited by bishop

On 19/12/2021 at 10:28, bishop said:

The only DIRECT way of birds picking this up and spreading it (other than hugging or kissing each other) would be through contact with droppings or ingesting contaminated food ( i cant see 4000 barnacles eagerly eating ,even accidentally, each others droppings Id be interested  to have some independent research done on exactly how many of these dead geese were killed by avian flu .Its easy enough to say its flu that killed them but being  open minded id feel id want to ask for proof .I would also like to have this tracked in as much as where these birds had been roosting and feeding and if the recorded incidences and deaths had birds that showed commonalities in their movements. No one seems to be asking if its an issue with commonality of feeding areas or contact with something other than each other that could have caused such a rapid spreading of this killer be it avian flu or whatever.  Im no virologist but flu ,we all know, has an incubation period. These birds have been in  the UK for months,Its not ben  brought in by a barnie .To have a sudden outbreak such as this has a patient zero as with any virus. That bird ,if there was one, would have incubated  the virus here  and then probably died. The ability for it to spread so prolifically i  find odd and im interested in why no mention of human involvement is not suggested through perhaps contaminated feed put down on those reserves that are showing fatalities .My limited observations do allow me to ponder a more open mind on this issue without going off the deep end.   My  concern is that either domestic birds have infected the wild geese via their **** blowing in the wind (hmmm) or perhaps some idiot has had sick poultry and then wandered about some reserve someplace spreading the virus off his or her wellies? Possibly contaminated feed though bought from poultry feed suppliers and dished out on some reserves ???? ".I doubt any organisation will do a hands up if thats the case.  Remembering that some idiotic poultry farmer could have spread chicken **** on his fields and the geese may have picked up the virus on  some contaminated arable..I do think the where from question is as important as  any other question here. Avian Influenza (AI) is spread in direct bird to bird contact through secretions and faecal material. Transmission can also be on the clothing, contaminated feed, water, equipment, boots etc. Transmission can also be in the wind is when faecal material is in dust and blown in the wind."

Caerlaverock has almost the entire Svalbard population of barnacles. A habitat has been created for tens of thousands of them to feed and roost together. They are continually paddling in each other’s droppings as are a good number of pinks. It is absolutely no surprise that we are seeing the high mortality rates in the area.

12 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Caerlaverock has almost the entire Svalbard population of barnacles. A habitat has been created for tens of thousands of them to feed and roost together. They are continually paddling in each other’s droppings as are a good number of pinks. It is absolutely no surprise that we are seeing the high mortality rates in the area.

Bloody shame that is.

On 27/12/2021 at 21:18, Walker570 said:

Just killed thousands of cranes in Turkey.

Met a couple of twitchers out today. I was showing them some barnies out on the mud and then advised them of the barnacle tragic events taking place on caerlaverock and i added that RSPB  i have discovered ,encouraged the birds to feed in an unnatural manner    in a congested area etc causing the bloody virus to multiply.. Their faces were a picture.  Truth is truth. If one lads accidentally shoots a barnie  and it was posted on facebook  it would be national name and shame followed by a prosecution.The RSPB messes us in a gigantic way it seems and its all quiet on the western front.Not us guv.etc.