Are We Heading For More Disruptions Before The Season Finish ?

marsh man

With around six weeks of this game season left and this new strain of virus taking over in a big way , are we going to see the rest of the season left alone , or are we going to have to cancel days ? , my gut feeling is we will be very lucky to carry on regardless ,how fast it is spreading we will be more than likely see members of the shoot catching it and then isolating, or social gathering numbers cut back like last year .

We are in a fairly isolated area and a lot of people are being affected , just this last week our wildfowling meeting was cancelled because someone who work at the clubhouse caught the virus and the whole place have got to be steamed cleaned out , then the Thursford Christmas Spectacular that was fully booked is now cancelled with cast members going down with the virus and the Norwich City F C match was called off .

We have got a shoot Monday which is going ahead and that is it till early January and by then we could still be carrying on as normal , or back into some form of lockdown and cancelations , if I was a betting man I don't think I would be brave enough to put money on carry on as normal .

What are your thoughts ? 

I think under the present situation in Westminster and the country... large anti turnout in London today... I do not think a further lockdown would be likely unless Whitty Twitty keeps up his doom and gloom scneario and they continue to listen to him.  Let's face it we don't have thousands of spectators and we are in the fresh air. It would be crazy to see cancellations again.  I have another six days booked and three of those where rolled over from last January to help out the estates as much as we could, cannot se it happening again.

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I think under the present situation in Westminster and the country... large anti turnout in London today... I do not think a further lockdown would be likely unless Whitty Twitty keeps up his doom and gloom scneario and they continue to listen to him.  Let's face it we don't have thousands of spectators and we are in the fresh air. It would be crazy to see cancellations again.  I have another six days booked and three of those where rolled over from last January to help out the estates as much as we could, cannot se it happening again.

If some of the beaters/pickers up/ guns test positive what options do a responsible shoot have other than cancellation? 
its not all about the government closing it down 

5 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

If some of the beaters/pickers up/ guns test positive what options do a responsible shoot have other than cancellation? 

That is the biggest concern with members of the shoot involved , with numbers doubling ever two days , or so we are being told , the law of averages is that at least one member will go down with the virus , say on our shoot we have nine guns and guests , fourteen beaters and two keepers , four people picking up , one driving the guns about and one person driving the game cart , so on average 40 people involved in a days shoot .

All the local venues that have shut is because members of the cast have gone down with the virus , this is having a knock on effect with the pubs and hospitality , one chap was saying he had eight bookings of between 25 / 35 people who had booked a meal running up to Christmas , then within a few days seven of the bookings were cancelled , if this carry on we can safely say goodbye to a lot of the town and country pubs that are still trying to trade , some troubled times ahead no doubt . 

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Agree totally that is why I have never used one of those tester thingies.  You remember when we had a cold or flu we would ring in and say we wouldn't be in today because we didn't want to pass it on.  What people do not realise and apparently the Government is that this is not going away it is out of the bag for ever more and we need to get on with our lives and learn to live with it.    What I cannot believe is the lack of comment on Fausti and his brigade who caused all this problem by putting the money into developing this virus in the first place.  At least some of the Americans have him over a barrel.

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I think we’ll be shut down again to some extent after Boxing Day. Boris’ statement that no changes ‘before Christmas’ is priming us for restrictions after Boxing Day in my opinion. 
How this will translate to shooting remains to be seen. 

I agree although there is absolutely no need.  This is nothing to do with any health crisis.