Plinking fun

Mice!

So the PP700W has finally done some shooting, it's got a nice little 2x7x32 Pro staff scope on it, and shooting at ten meters on 2x was perfect.
I did 5 or 6 shots setting the zero then let my lad take over, I must say I was much happier with him using this than my R10 or Rapid, there simply far to big for him.

Also with the gun being single shot everything is kept nice and safe.

we shot some targets, then cans, then cans filled with water which jumped all over the place, lots of fun for my lad and daughter.

Screenshot_20211113-150304_Gallery.jpg.9633623167b96f5634580b190b7b8df4.jpg

Screenshot_20211113-150319_Gallery.jpg.98c830a012a78d77c6b355393361c58d.jpg

They were both hitting the bull within a few shots. 

Screenshot_20211113-150403_Gallery.jpg.5f10247a949c492b796557ee55ab6d9c.jpg

Screenshot_20211113-150409_Gallery.jpg.ed91a717b3723b8378b3484386644950.jpg

Screenshot_20211219-140428_Gallery.jpg.c919ee71c3fe1b9051ef650811db2034.jpg

this was probably a month ago, maybe?

Well it didn't take much this morning 'Daddy, can we shoot some cans again?' Gun out, air topped up and out we go, me my daughter and lad, I didn't expect them to last long as it's really cold outside today.

We didn't actually shoot any cans, I had some old ginger biscuits from my work bag so we started on them, kids taking a shot each hitting what ever was left by the previous shot, after 5 or 6 biscuits my daughter said she wanted to shoot some targets :):)

So three shots each with no going looking, lad won the first round but both shot really good groups.
Then another target but this time 6 shots, 3&3 so they could settle better.
Lad won again, which is funny because he's only just big enough for the gun :D:D
At this point they both said their feet were getting cold, not surprising after an hour of fun so it was inside for bacon butties.

Screenshot_20211219-133539_Gallery.jpg.dec8e072c8e3254d6e6ff7b4f1263b23.jpg

58 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Sounds like a fun day 👍

Only an hour, but fun 😁

46 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Very good .

And good effort getting them outside in winter.my 2 don't want to .

It's certainly a bit easier when it's warm .

Empty shotgun cartridges are great for plinking fun ..

I was making it easy with the cans thinking I didn't want them missing and losing interest,  but after a couple of sessions now that's a good idea, it probably helps that they challenge each other, guessing the cartridges will spin away being heavier on one end?

The stock on the gun makes a huge difference,  using it as a pistol would be fun, but their shots would be all over the place.

1 hour ago, Sciurus said:

Quality time with the kids- you can’t beat it!

Especially when they suggest it mate, daughter has already said she'll win next time 😁😁

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Them there SMK Puffguns will impress you to such an extent that you will soon be swapping your R-10 for a P15 and wonder why you have been lugging all that unnecessary weight for years 😀.

Oh you crazy fool 😅😅 I did look briefly at the P15, but the price and need for a fettle put me off, as for the weight?? What weight, I'm normally using sticks 😆😆 never mind the pallet they use for a stock!

4 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

Brilliant 😁👍

Garden fun at its best 👌 

5 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Excellent, good write up. I’ve been looking at small air rifles for my lad but failed to find one that was light and compact. 

My lad is 7, and can just about manage the gun rested, it's got the Bob Paterson adjustable stock on it, but the pistol grip is designed for an adult,  my daughter is 10 and the size is no problem,  I cock the gun as it is very stiff.

Interesting, I was worried about the hand grip size. My eldest is 6 coming up to 7 and so his hands just cannot get around a full sized pistol grip. Ideally wanted something he could cock himself but just don’t think it’s viable. He’s asked for his own gun from Father Christmas and I’m struggling to find anything suitable. 

@Mice! please let me know if you would recommend that gun (with standard pistol grip and folding stock) or any other in preference as if so I’m going to drive 1.5hrs before work to Mcavoys and pick one up tomorrow morning. I’ve my beloved Air Arms TX200HC that I’m going to take and chop in as I don’t have enough cash. Tomorrow is the only chance I’ll get before Christmas now so I need to take decisive action. 

14 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

@Mice! please let me know if you would recommend that gun (with standard pistol grip and folding stock) or any other in preference as if so I’m going to drive 1.5hrs before work to Mcavoys and pick one up tomorrow morning. I’ve my beloved Air Arms TX200HC that I’m going to take and chop in as I don’t have enough cash. Tomorrow is the only chance I’ll get before Christmas now so I need to take decisive action. 

The standard grip is a lot smaller so probably better.

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/the-pistol-carbine-appreciation-thread.360637/

Have a read through some of this thread, they have a real good following,  I paid £200 for this second hand, I'm not sure how long the standard folding stock is to make the length of pull workable, plus you will need a pump or bottle.  Something using CO2 cartridges might be more suitable.

5 minutes ago, Sciurus said:

let me know if you want some .410 cartridges to shoot at.

Definitely save me dome please mate, I'm sure I've got some twelves in the garage,  somewhere 😅😅

I can recommend a crosman 1377 pump up pistol with add on stock .

The standard plastic stock is way too long even for most adults at lop. 16 inches .but it can easily be cut down at around 11 or 12 inches and makes for a perfect kids gun .I like the pump up 1377 but a co2  powered .22 rat catcher is just as good and easier for kids to reload ..

46 minutes ago, old man said:

Excellent, proper education?

Their sulking at me because I'm headed for the woods, they can't come out yet because their still isolating,  it's going to be so very quiet 😆😆😆

And they love staying at the caravan,  but it's been empty for ten days, it's going to be 🥶 🧊 ☃️ 

I have always used extra strong mints (Pack of five in Aldi or Lidl for about a quid) as targets, great for kids as they explode nicely which is very satisfying and they dont need clearing up as they dissolve in the next rain. They can also eat them as a treat if they feel like it. 

I also use them to zero in the fields for the same reason.

Great to get the children interested as they are potentially the next shooting generation.

FB

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

Their sulking at me because I'm headed for the woods, they can't come out yet because their still isolating,  it's going to be so very quiet 😆😆😆

And they love staying at the caravan,  but it's been empty for ten days, it's going to be 🥶 🧊 ☃️ 

Just have to endure and suffer in silence?

5 hours ago, Flyboy1950 said:

I have always used extra strong mints (Pack of five in Aldi or Lidl for about a quid) as targets, great for kids as they explode nicely which is very satisfying and they dont need clearing up as they dissolve in the next rain. They can also eat them as a treat if they feel like it. 

Great to get the children interested as they are potentially the next shooting generation.

FB

Yep bud, southern squirrel delicacy?

5 hours ago, Flyboy1950 said:

FB

I always forget about mints, they enjoyed shooting the biscuits because they broke up, so mints will be fun, and there both accurate enough. 

10 minutes ago, old man said:

Just have to endure and suffer in silence?

It's tough but I'll manage 😆😆