Small Personal Achiement

6.5x55SE

During a very successful week fowling where i had shot right and left at Foreshore Pinks with my Aya 12ga Conor's Aya 10ga and a couple of doubles with my 20ga i also had achieved this with local Grey's.

I decided I'd give my 12ga pump a chance having not shot it for ages. Last weekend a double on Grey's sorted the first part of my goal. Foreshore Pink being the next a few near misses had me thinking if I'd had my Aya even Conor said I'd jinked it. Inspite of a good foggy morning the Marsh was silent of Goose talk . Had the Moon kept them inland had they become fog bound inland or returned early morning and sitting out the fog. 

Feeling frustrated more so for Conor who had yet to experience a foreshore flight in the fog it was now 10.45 am i decided not going to happen..

With only 100yrds or so to go to the carpark Conor said what was that staring into the fog straining my i heard the murmuring chuntering Pinks often make when flighting in fog and under the moon. Quickly sprinting to a small creek on the Marsh unslipping our guns I 100% heard them directly in front. Warning Conor get ready they will appear low and be gone in a flash the noise of the wing beats in the fog was deafening as a dozen Pinks loomed out of the Fog 32grm steel 4's found its mark not once but twice excited yes Yeees from my right confirmed Conor had shot something.

Turning to Conor How many  i only had chance of one shot good man well done just as Drake his pup returned with both of theirs first Fog Pink. A few seconds later my two lab's appeared with a Pink each. Conor said how the #@&£ did you manage that. Smiling i said years of practice and luck.

19 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Turning to Conor How many  i only had chance of one shot good man well done just as Drake his pup returned with both of theirs first Fog Pink. A few seconds later my two lab's appeared with a Pink each. Conor said how the #@&£ did you manage that. Smiling i said years of practice and luck.

Brilliant,  I always think that wildfowling is  probably the most honest shooting there is, something I've only ever read about but it always seems like man and dog vs the weather and quarry. 

15 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Brilliant,  I always think that wildfowling is  probably the most honest shooting there is, something I've only ever read about but it always seems like man and dog vs the weather and quarry. 

I am very passionate about foreshore wildfowling having first started at 11 yrs old and still as keen 50+ yrs later. You are very true about man dog weather quarry add into the mix other fowler's it can be very frustrating but one helluva buzz satisfaction and joy when the chosen quarry is delivered to the hand by your dog. This season has been even more satisfying seeing Conor achieving more first's with his first pup Drake who had another this morning retrieving his first Drake Gadwall from a steady flowing wide river ( not tidal or on the Foreshore as I would never ever put/let my dogs into those rivers ) 

22 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

During a very successful week fowling where i had shot right and left at Foreshore Pinks with my Aya 12ga Conor's Aya 10ga and a couple of doubles with my 20ga i also had achieved this with local Grey's.

I decided I'd give my 12ga pump a chance having not shot it for ages. Last weekend a double on Grey's sorted the first part of my goal. Foreshore Pink being the next a few near misses had me thinking if I'd had my Aya even Conor said I'd jinked it. Inspite of a good foggy morning the Marsh was silent of Goose talk . Had the Moon kept them inland had they become fog bound inland or returned early morning and sitting out the fog. 

Feeling frustrated more so for Conor who had yet to experience a foreshore flight in the fog it was now 10.45 am i decided not going to happen..

With only 100yrds or so to go to the carpark Conor said what was that staring into the fog straining my i heard the murmuring chuntering Pinks often make when flighting in fog and under the moon. Quickly sprinting to a small creek on the Marsh unslipping our guns I 100% heard them directly in front. Warning Conor get ready they will appear low and be gone in a flash the noise of the wing beats in the fog was deafening as a dozen Pinks loomed out of the Fog 32grm steel 4's found its mark not once but twice excited yes Yeees from my right confirmed Conor had shot something.

Fantastic write up 👍

22 hours ago, Mice! said:

Your correct 👍once you try it 👍👍