Hampshire Constabulary Suspending Firearms Grant Application Service

Steveveets

11 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

Or research? It's fact. Based on your logic, you'll be pleased to see that the speed camera vans being out caused burglary to reduce by 28%, and whilst I don't have a rape statistic, both assaults and homicide went down.

See, by your logic.... removing speed camera vans we would have had MUCH higher rates of rape and burglary.

image.png.c91d2af3205ba2a029ddd759d90815fc.png

As I am guessing you don't like the guardian, the office of national statistics can help?

image.png.c0d63a219b83a4b621db7513ebae40d9.png

statistics are about as reliable as the tooth fairy I wouldn’t insult the intelligence of anyone on here by using them they live in the real world and know the real story that’s enough for me 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

It would TC, but doesn't mention Hampshire. HantsPol still has:
"Due to Covid-19 we’re temporarily unable to process any new grant applications. Renewal applications are still being processed."

Which we know isn’t even the reason now! 

1 hour ago, HantsRob said:

It would TC, but doesn't mention Hampshire. HantsPol still has:
"Due to Covid-19 we’re temporarily unable to process any new grant applications. Renewal applications are still being processed."

Yes I know it doesn't, but as it starts to get back up to speed I would hope all of the licensing authorities will come in to line.

6 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

yarp. Resourcing is the issue rather than Covid. 

I wonder who left, why, and why they're struggling to backfill. Plenty of people would love an FEO job I'd have thought, or maybe they don't and that's the issue...... 

Knowing some ex FEO's, they wouldn't go back, mainly due to being expected to go the extra mile, not now and again but on most days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone had any correspondence since applications have been accepted? I had an email stating over 40% of the initial 70 odd applications had been rejected in the first 2 days, but nothing else yet. Do you get much notice of the home visit when they get around to contacting applicants?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2022 at 10:57, Azza14786 said:

Anyone had any correspondence since applications have been accepted? I had an email stating over 40% of the initial 70 odd applications had been rejected in the first 2 days, but nothing else yet. Do you get much notice of the home visit when they get around to contacting applicants?  

I've heard nothing other than the same 40% of applicants were rejected due to submission errors.

I did email, as when I had my application returned I was advised as long as my new application was made no more than 8+ months from my med cert date it would be accepted, but when reopening they said 6 months when your application is processed.

The response was less than helpful as it didn't differentiate between application date and application processing. Current 28 days into my new application plus 60 odd days from my first application. You'd think with around 40 odd applications made on the first day they would've started processing some of them at least.

35 minutes ago, Pops_Hants said:

I've heard nothing other than the same 40% of applicants were rejected due to submission errors.

I did email, as when I had my application returned I was advised as long as my new application was made no more than 8+ months from my med cert date it would be accepted, but when reopening they said 6 months when your application is processed.

The response was less than helpful as it didn't differentiate between application date and application processing. Current 28 days into my new application plus 60 odd days from my first application. You'd think with around 40 odd applications made on the first day they would've started processing some of them at least.

Pretty much identical to my situation, I was 58 days in last time I submitted and now 28 days in. My medical form is 8months old mid June so I’m hoping it’ll get processed by then. It does say that you MAY need an updated med form so hopefully I won’t. How does the home visit get organised and how much notice do you get? I’m all ready for it and I have a friend local to me that also has his application in. I wonder whether they try and visit an area on the same day for efficiency? 

On 02/05/2022 at 09:07, Azza14786 said:

Pretty much identical to my situation, I was 58 days in last time I submitted and now 28 days in. My medical form is 8months old mid June so I’m hoping it’ll get processed by then. It does say that you MAY need an updated med form so hopefully I won’t. How does the home visit get organised and how much notice do you get? I’m all ready for it and I have a friend local to me that also has his application in. I wonder whether they try and visit an area on the same day for efficiency? 

Don't be daft, that would require forward thinking and planning....

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/05/2022 at 12:46, Azza14786 said:

Has anyone or know of anyone that has had a grant application completed in Hampshire since they opened up applications? I’m starting to get skeptical that they aren’t actually processing any! 

Its ‘only’ 49 days since application. I’d be surprised if they were completed before winter. I know my reference hasn’t even been contacted yet! 

Priorities will always change. If 50 new young farmers or gamekeepers all need a licence they would all get priority over you as a casual sport shooter. 

Given the fact several months ago it was 100 days and change, that would probably be a good chase point?