Hampshire Constabulary Suspending Firearms Grant Application Service

Steveveets

10 minutes ago, Poor Shot said:

Don't despair..

Mine was hand delivered and similar to yourself I had been saddened by the postie walking straight past the house one Saturday morning only for the certificate to then be pushed through the letter box an hour or so later.

That is good to know! Did you get any correspondence after the home visit or literally only know when you get it in the post?  

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Scrimshanker said:

That is good to know! Did you get any correspondence after the home visit or literally only know when you get it in the post?  

I'm not in your force area so things may be different but I didn't hear a thing until the letter landed on the mat.

Is it sent recorded? They are not responding to emails but I did email to ask how would I know if it has been lost in the post if you have no notification it has been approved and sent? My neighbor is a grumpy bxxxxxd that would chuck my mail in the bin if it was posted into his by mistake so it is a real possibility. 

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So you can now go out and start to buy some guns.  :good:

100%!

I'm going shooting with Rob next weekend which will be great to do, but otherwise I need to book in some time with my local clay grounds and armoury as they allow you to take three guns on loan to try out with both the armoury and shooting grounds offering gun fit services also

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

new member here and in the process of applying for my grant via Hampshire police, first submitted in April when they re opened and had my first comms last week saying medical and internal searches complete so now waiting to hear from an FEO - any else had this and know time between first comms and FEO visit? 

a frustrating a wait but guess we have all been in the same boat! 

Hi mate, First contact I got after application was the FEO booking the visit. He came a day later. That was now 9 weeks ago and I’m still waiting on the cert to come through the door. Pops_Hants had his FEO visit the day after me and received his in the post 2-3 weeks ago so it’s a complete lottery on how much longer you have to wait. 

Thanks! The whole thing has sounded a bit lottery esc! Tbf there was a minor issue with my medical which prompted there comms (from an ANPR investigator, seems they are drafting in other parties to help with the backlog) 

will wait to see when I hear from the FEO - did they call or email you out of interest? All their emails go into my junk so I am constantly checking! 

On another note, if anyone is local (I am Stockbridge area) and wants to get together for some clays (once I have my cert) always happy to meet others. 

20 hours ago, ollienobes95 said:

On another note, if anyone is local (I am Stockbridge area) and wants to get together for some clays (once I have my cert) always happy to meet others. 

So a stone throw from Spitfire then. Have you had any lessons or exposure? You aren't allowed to teach there, but you're welcome to tag along sometime. Can do this before your cert as they have an exemption to allow hosted guests. Drop me a PM if you fancy a shoot.

Edited by HantsRob

On 02/09/2022 at 15:19, HantsRob said:

So a stone throw from Spitfire then. Have you had any lessons or exposure? You aren't allowed to teach there, but you're welcome to tag along sometime. Can do this before your cert as they have an exemption to allow hosted guests. Drop me a PM if you fancy a shoot.

Another very nice offer from Rob here! He offered to take me shooting also, we met after I got my licence actually but was a great day shooting, ended up buying one of his guns 😂

1 hour ago, Pops_Hants said:

Another very nice offer from Rob here! He offered to take me shooting also, we met after I got my licence actually but was a great day shooting, ended up buying one of his guns 😂

Hopefully we can get a good venue for the 17th, although Spitfire would be a good one to see you at. Wallers Ash is open 10-1 on the 17th, not sure what time you said you can make it?

Ollie - open invite if you want also :)

On 02/09/2022 at 15:19, HantsRob said:

Thanks, yes had a lesson at Spitfire, and done some clay shooting with friends there and other places. 

will drop you a PM 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thought I'd add my experience to the thread. Applied to Hampshire on 4th April (sounds like everyone did) for a conterminous grant. Finally had the FEO round this week who said that he's been drafted in as they've had someone in the office retire through sickness and is trying to work his way through a lot of delayed applications (he had seen 4 people before me that day). Just waiting for my certificates to drop through the door now!   

Edited by Wiltspaniel

13 hours ago, Wiltspaniel said:

Hi all,

Thought I'd add my experience to the thread. Applied to Hampshire on 4th April (sounds like everyone did) for a conterminous grant. Finally had the FEO round this week who said that he's been drafted in as they've had someone in the office retire through sickness and is trying to work his way through a lot of delayed applications (he had seen 4 people before me that day). Just waiting for my certificates to drop through the door now!   

Hi mate, that’s some wait for the visit! I’m still waiting for the cert to be posted! 13 weeks since the FEO visit this week and 25 weeks overall. 

36 minutes ago, Scrimshanker said:

Hi mate, that’s some wait for the visit! I’m still waiting for the cert to be posted! 13 weeks since the FEO visit this week and 25 weeks overall. 

I'm hoping it won't be that long! The FEO did say that if I hadn't heard within a month to give them a ring to chase them up. Can't wait to get out on the clays now! 

• 2 weeks later...