Recommendations - Thermals

Flashman

Simply buy a heated jacket from the bay of plenty, around £20 plus the cost of a power pack (about the same money), you can also buy leg warmers that will run from the same power pack. I use mine on the lowest setting and it will run all day easily, it's not hot but feels like having the sun on your back, higher settings are too warm for me.

I have the HH gear and can’t say I’ve ever felt the cold with it on, but recently bought my daughter some merino wool thermals and she says they’re toasty warm….she spends a lot of time standing about in cold places. 
I’ve recently bought some but haven’t been cold enough to try them out yet. 
Mountain Warehouse are currently doing a bogof offer on them, reduced from 50 quid to 20.  

10 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Simply buy a heated jacket from the bay of plenty, around £20 plus the cost of a power pack (about the same money), you can also buy leg warmers that will run from the same power pack. I use mine on the lowest setting and it will run all day easily, it's not hot but feels like having the sun on your back, higher settings are too warm for me.

Hello, I keep looking at those heated jackets but there are many to choose from and some only heat back or front, or both, which one did you buy and what power pack, cheers

I bought the one that heats your back, be careful cos some ads look like they heat the front as well but don't Ebay item no. 373757079819 is the same as mine. I have a 46"chest and the largest one available (usually xxxl or xxxxl) will not go round me so buy the biggest if you are my kinda size although it doesn't really matter if the thing doesn't "do up" as it will usually be under your coat and has the same warming effect. My power bank is a 24800ma/h and if you search HX160Y1 you should find an Amazon supplier of something similar, this will keep you warm all day and charge your phone if needed!! 

Edited by bruno22rf

9 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I bought the one that heats your back, be careful cos some ads look like they heat the front as well but don't Ebay item no. 373757079819 is the same as mine. I have a 46"chest and the largest one available (usually xxxl or xxxxl) will not go round me so buy the biggest if you are my kinda size although it doesn't really matter if the thing doesn't "do up" as it will usually be under your coat and has the same warming effect. My power bank is a 24800ma/h and if you search HX160Y1 you should find an Amazon supplier of something similar, this will keep you warm all day and charge your phone if needed!! 

Thanks Bruno, 

On 22/12/2021 at 18:12, bluesj said:

My mrs got me some wool ones a couple of years ago but they are too warm for me most of the time so only use them when I go pigeon or crow shooting, for work i use cheap ones i got years ago.

It needs to be Merino wool and you wont overheat.   I've tried a few brands and the woolpower brand is the best so far but not cheap.

On 22/12/2021 at 00:11, bruno22rf said:

Hello, looking at this one from same seller , 373804549255, in large as I'm 38/40 , it shows front and back heat patches, ?, 

It certainly does, even says 9 heating pads, going to use more power but it shouldn't really be a problem if you get a decent power bank, pretty sure these were not available when I bought mine 2 years ago. I'm standing in the kitchen writing this and got mine on, it's well warm, put it over the Dog after a cold wet walk this morning and he didn't move for nearly 2 hours. I'm 45" chest and have the 4XL which is "snug".

Just as @bruno22rf states, get a heated waistcoat and foot warmers, thermals are for the under-layers.

Been using my Chinese eBay imports for 3 years now and would not go back.

Just remember to order 3 sizes too big to ensure they fit.

Im sitting in high seats every weekday regardless of the weather and would never go out without them, you can't feel cold when your clothing creates heat and when you need to do some work just turn them off.

Best buy ever👍

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

It certainly does, even says 9 heating pads, going to use more power but it shouldn't really be a problem if you get a decent power bank, pretty sure these were not available when I bought mine 2 years ago. I'm standing in the kitchen writing this and got mine on, it's well warm, put it over the Dog after a cold wet walk this morning and he didn't move for nearly 2 hours. I'm 45" chest and have the 4XL which is "snug".

Hello, will order that one  and son gave me a power pack but not sure it will work, a Xnuoyo 5 Volt 2.1 Amp 20000 mAh ? it's charging ok, what you reckon ? Cheers Bruno