Recommendations - Thermals

Flashman

2 minutes ago, Goldfish said:

@oldypigeonpopper, a power bank of that size should keep the jacket ticking along for half a day, all depends on age and past use of the battery and how high you have it turned up.

They are only Β£10 from B&M if it packs up.

You won't go out without it once you have oneΒ πŸ‘

Hello, it's quite big compared to other power banks so hoping it will fit in the jacket pocket, not sure on use as it was my son's but charges ok, I will look at a smaller one like Bruno mentioned , will most use at night when I can get back to farm, be good for piking / beating/ winter wear in general, thanks to post

You will have to try and see how long it lasts especially if you buy the jacket with 9 pads, the jacket comes with a pocket inside for the battery, mine is just over 5" wide and 6" deep and the lead is inside said pocket. If you wear a thermal T shirt then the heated jacket followed by a padded shirt you should be slow cooked to perfection in a couple of hours, turn to red for a crispy skin.

On 26/12/2021 at 09:30, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, looking at this one from same seller , 373804549255, in large as I'm 38/40 , it shows front and back heat patches, ?,Β 

Hello, so this is the heated jacket that came today, 373804549255, , size large but only fits over my shirt and tightish but still have free movement, might get an XL but see how this goes, got a jumper over with short zip top, then my shooting coat,Β  power pack is a bit big for pocket so will look at a smaller one but still have enough power to go 4 to 6 hours, back and 2 front heat patches now on full and toasty already, see how it goes on my walk to the river and see who's fishing, about 2 hours and will check power after, and yes I should have got one weeks ago and maybe I would not of got this cold πŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ˜

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, so this is the heated jacket that came today, 373804549255, , size large but only fits over my shirt and tightish but still have free movement, might get an XL but see how this goes, got a jumper over with short zip top, then my shooting coat,Β  power pack is a bit big for pocket so will look at a smaller one but still have enough power to go 4 to 6 hours, back and 2 front heat patches now on full and toasty already, see how it goes on my walk to the river and see who's fishing, about 2 hours and will check power after, and yes I should have got one weeks ago and maybe I would not of got this cold πŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ˜

Hello, I got 3 hours on full power before the power pack gave up, so will try on medium tomorrow, a good buy so far,Β 

On 27/12/2021 at 10:03, Goldfish said:

@oldypigeonpopper, a power bank of that size should keep the jacket ticking along for half a day, all depends on age and past use of the battery and how high you have it turned up.

They are only Β£10 from B&M if it packs up.

You won't go out without it once you have oneΒ πŸ‘

Hello, I only got 3 hours on full power so will try on half power today, much better I got 5 hours ,Β 

On 21/12/2021 at 06:51, Flashman said:

Will anybody recommend some thermals?

i felt the cold on my peg for the first time ever, whilst wearing normal gear over a Helly Hansen thermal top. I wish to ramp up the base layer, hence the request.Β 

Has anybody worn Sub Zero F2? Β 

Thanks, all.Β 

Hello, did you find any suitable ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 30/12/2021 at 10:45, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, did you find any suitable ?

Not really.Β 

1. Still not convinced by HH - as I said in my opening comments.Β 

2. Electric costs don’t float my boat.Β 

3. I won’t buy anything that’s obviously β€œmade in China”, so looking at the pricier end of the market.

4. I work in London and will stop by the numerous outdoors shops at some point.Β 

5. I like the sound of anything made for a Scandi winter - if it’s good enough for them, it should suit me.Β 
Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Flashman said:

Not really.Β 

1. Still not convinced by HH - as I said in my opening comments.Β 

2. Electric costs don’t float my boat.Β 

3. I won’t buy anything that’s obviously β€œmade in China”, so looking at the pricier end of the market.

4. I work in London and will stop by the numerous outdoors shops at some point.Β 

5. I like the sound of anything made for a Scandi winter - if it’s good enough for them, it should suit me.Β 
Β 

Β 

Hello, as I said my best thermals are M and S and the heated waistcoat works well, I got a Juice 4 power bank , 3 hours on full, 5 on medium, best wishesΒ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I bought these in the end and wore them today to test them in advance of next weekend’s game shooting,

https://subzero.co.uk/collections/mens-base-layersΒ 
Β 

Warmed up nicely after a ten minute walk and stayed that way. Was a little over warm by the time I got home, so have high expectations for next week.Β 

I bought something on Saturday Night - from a site aimed at equestrians - to receive an email saying that they are 3 sizes smaller - so just rebadging chinese manufactured stuff.

I am very disappointed as well that Musto have stopped doing shooting clothing when looking for a new Clay jacket due to expanding girth as their BR1/2 was brilliant with good shell pockets