Disposal of shotguns????

Nitram xx

i always had a hanquering of getting hold of a few scrap shotguns...that are side locks and removing the sidplates and super polishing the plates and the mechanism....then setting them in clear acriylic blocks and selling them as paper weights...............

wadda the massive say ?

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i always had a hanquering of getting hold of a few scrap shotguns...that are side locks and removing the sidplates and super polishing the plates and the mechanism....then setting them in clear acriylic blocks and selling them as paper weights...............

wadda the massive say ?

:good: sounds like a nice little earner.

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

wadda the massive say ?

Cracking idea in my opinion. 
Back in the 1980’s I was given quite a collection of locks by a historian friend. There was a flintlock brass cannon igniter, complete with original lanyard, a Forsyth type scent bottle percussion lock, an ancient wheel lock,  a Tower musket flintlock, a snaphaunce, and several others I can’t recall, but all exquisitely made and in working order. 
I eventually sold them at a Philips Auction for quite a sum, but often wish I’d kept them. 

25 minutes ago, ditchman said:

wadda the massive say ?

I’ve got a couple if you want something to play with 😊

On 23/12/2021 at 21:09, ditchman said:

wadda the massive say ?

I like the sound of that very much 👍.

On 23/12/2021 at 21:09, ditchman said:

wadda the massive say ?

How is this process done?

ive just removed some rare locks off a A Agnew of Welshpool - your idea would be great as it was my late fathers gun. 

10 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

How is this process done?

ive just removed some rare locks off a A Agnew of Welshpool - your idea would be great as it was my late fathers gun. 

go to a art and hobby shop and explain what you want to do and they will supply you with a kit and moulds to make an acrylic setting....what you need to do is clean and degrease the locks ready to suspend them in 2 moulds using a 2 part pour

On 04/01/2022 at 09:21, hwr said:

If destroying an old worn out gun, if it’s tricky to cut with a slitting disc ( I can’t see why it would be but I’ve never tried ) could you not just use a mig welder and fill the breech?

It would still be classed as a shotgun unless you follow the home office guide on Deactivating and then get the related certificate from the proof house