Lofting Decoy Refurbishment

TIGHTCHOKE

int for the white bits but I think presentation is the main thing with lofters like normal ground decoys. Somebody lays out a display and has a good day and low and behold that is the way to do it.  I've watched many flocks of pigeons feeding in fields and they don't always conform.  Nothing beats lofters for crows and magpies.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

They really only need to be silhouettes, I will add neck bars when the paint has hardened.  :good:

The White neck bars will make them more realistic , weather they will draw more Pigeons is any ones guess , although I don't think it will scare incoming Pigeons away .

The first lofting Pigeon decoys I ever saw was the very first C L A Game Fair I went to and I believe it was out your way near Stanford , these could have well been the David Home Gall ones , they were sitting on the high branches with a length of thick wire hang down below them , this wire was acting as a counter balance and to get them down the chap had a funnel on the end of the lofting poles that you had to get the wire inside the funnel to get them down , far to much messing about and the nearest I got with lofting decoys was when I nailed two onto a yard long branch and then hoisted them up to as near to the top of the tree as I could , this was only done in the four weeks of roost shooting in February , the rest of the year I didn't bother , this is not to say they don't work ( at times ) as I am sure they do but if the truth is know , I am to old , and far to lazy to lug any more gear that I already cart about .

Oh dear, Dave, you`ve forgotten the yellow bits round the eyes :no:. Those pesky pigeons will see through your guise in no time.:yahoo:

You`ll be using anything but red cartridges next.

Come on get a grip :whistling:

Happy New Year anyway 

OB

7 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Oh dear, Dave, you`ve forgotten the yellow bits round the eyes . Those pesky pigeons will see through your guise in no time.:yahoo:

You`ll be using anything but red cartridges next.

Come on get a grip 

Happy New Year anyway 

OB

Well my plan is not to let those WPs get too close to check on the details!  :cool1:

H.N.Y. to you too Chris.

Off to (not so) sunny Yorkshire tomorrow! RED cartridges warmed and packed.  :D

34 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

I like the plan make them strange so the birds come and look at them, a bit like rubberneckers on the motorway. They then pay the price for being nosey. Keep your red cartridges well hidden as they can spot them for miles!!!

Evening PC, the RED ones are for Game. I use Bio Ammo 7 1/2s on WPs!  :cool1:

Is there any difference between the males and females Dave ? , I won't say hens and coxks in case I am shown a Yellow card , you could hit the jackpot if you knew what one of your decoys could attract a randy ole male looking for a night of passion , or maybe a rough ole spinster looking for a young male , mind you if that was the case then the young ones wouldn't need the White neck bars in the first place :lol:

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Evening PC, the RED ones are for Game. I use Bio Ammo 7 1/2s on WPs!  :cool1:

Good man, keep your power dry or they’ll melt!!

1 minute ago, marsh man said:

Is there any difference between the males and females Dave ? , I won't say hens and coxks in case I am shown a Yellow card , you could hit the jackpot if you knew what one of your decoys could attract a randy ole male looking for a night of passion , or maybe a rough ole spinster looking for a young male , mind you if that was the case then the young ones wouldn't need the White neck bars in the first place :lol:

The females have bigger chests and the male wider thighs!!

22 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Good man, keep your power dry or they’ll melt!!

The females have bigger chests and the male wider thighs!!

That is not always the case with Norfolk lads and lasses , some of the young ladies could pick me up and eat me for there breakfast and I am nearly six feet and weigh close on to 14 stone :lol:    :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, have you tried the lofters out TT ?

Not yet, had to be at work to cover for a sick colleague, luckily that happened after my last Game day with Nev.

I am in on Saturday and shooting a clay competition on Sunday, so looking like the weekend of 22nd and 23rd of January.

On 13/01/2022 at 12:09, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not yet, had to be at work to cover for a sick colleague, luckily that happened after my last Game day with Nev.

I am in on Saturday and shooting a clay competition on Sunday, so looking like the weekend of 22nd and 23rd of January.

Looking forward to a full report of your foray using those lofters, complete with photos of course.