Fowling deja vu...

grahamch

39 years ago tonight I shot my first goose, a Greylag at the Elwick end at Lindisfarne. Was using my late Dad's Aya No4 (which I still have) and good old Aplhamax no 3s.
Went back up tonight to a slightly different spot to see if could do a repeat performance..... Kit slightly different, a 3.5 inch Browning Maxus mk1 and 3.5 inch 2 ounce ITM no 3s.
Saw plenty of pinks, no greys but only one shot at a Teal!
Edited by grahamch

11 hours ago, grahamch said:
39 years ago tonight I shot my first goose, a Greylag at the Elwick end at Lindisfarne. Was using my late Dad's Aya No4 (which I still have) and good old Aplhamax no 3s.
Went back up tonight to a slightly different spot to see if could do a repeat performance..... Kit slightly different, a 3.5 inch Browning Maxus mk1 and 3.5 inch 2 ounce ITM no 3s.
Saw plenty of pinks, no greys but only one shot at a Teal!

Alphamax, and not forgetting Hymax take me back to a vastly different era than we are in now , I dare say they were the No 1 choice of fowlers when it came to chasing geese , all my mates would have a few on the end of there cartridge belts , or the inside pocket on there Barbour jacket so they could quickly change shells when they could hear the sound of geese in the distance , 1s , 3s and BB were the main choice and if you were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time you knew if you were pointing your gun in the right direction your cartridges would be more than good enough .

Surely you didn't give the Teal a shot with 2 ounce's of ITM 3s :lol:

Great report and I am glad you are still giving your dad's gun some fresh air now and again .:good: