Jump to content

My new apprentice


Spr1985
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Lovely dog, lucky man.

 

43 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Oh keep them coming, thats a real beauty!

 Thanks gents 👍🏻
I shall keep the updates coming as things progress 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spent 15 mins playing with pip and some light training on “down”  gobsmacked at how quick she picked it up! Came in from work this evening got rid of the boots put the slippers on and went to say hi to pip and the wife in the kitchen and thought I’d test pips memory……

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

She’s doing great thanks 😊 becoming stubborn/clever/wise to it very quickly, goes into a down without fail when food is involved but refuses point blankly to do it otherwise despite having trained it in with and without food/treats but still very much a youngster so not expecting to much to quickly. I’m hoping the stubbornness is a temporary streak 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/02/2022 at 22:07, Spr1985 said:

Spent 15 mins playing with pip and some light training on “down”  gobsmacked at how quick she picked it up! Came in from work this evening got rid of the boots put the slippers on and went to say hi to pip and the wife in the kitchen and thought I’d test pips memory……


 

Looks a nice attentive pup :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Took the family (including pip) to the point to point racing today and the wife caught a cracking picture so thought I’d share 

2F00CE7E-8649-4CD2-960C-5D4CFDEE1BF3.jpeg

Lovely picture, she's coming on Well 👍

21 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Nice GSP. I’m out with the NW GSP group tomorrow. 

May I ask, out doing what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

May I ask, out doing what?

Sampling biodiversity (and grouse) to aid management. This moor was teaming with life, hundreds of grouse and snow coloured mountain hares. Lots of short eared owls, snipe and woodcock. Ravens. Evidence of harrier or other BoP kills (carcasses plucked in classic BoP manner). Golden Plover. 

Last week was grouse, roe, hen harrier, lizard, hares, rabbits, curlew, lapwing, partridge and pheasant. 

Every region has a GSP, or at least an HPR, training club. If you join and work at it you’ll get to know people and invited onto other associated activities. 

7CFFFF77-C98A-44A3-9243-774C20B05C1F.jpeg

4062E828-7A9C-4888-B7C2-46AF6628EC65.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Sampling biodiversity (and grouse) to aid management. This moor was teaming with life, hundreds of grouse and snow coloured mountain hares. Lots of short eared owls, snipe and woodcock. Ravens. Evidence of harrier or other BoP kills (carcasses plucked in classic BoP manner). Golden Plover. 

Last week was grouse, roe, hen harrier, lizard, hares, rabbits, curlew, lapwing, partridge and pheasant. 

Every region has a GSP, or at least an HPR, training club. If you join and work at it you’ll get to know people and invited onto other associated activities. 

7CFFFF77-C98A-44A3-9243-774C20B05C1F.jpeg

4062E828-7A9C-4888-B7C2-46AF6628EC65.jpeg

It sounds good, well done 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Sampling biodiversity (and grouse) to aid management. This moor was teaming with life, hundreds of grouse and snow coloured mountain hares. Lots of short eared owls, snipe and woodcock. Ravens. Evidence of harrier or other BoP kills (carcasses plucked in classic BoP manner). Golden Plover. 

Last week was grouse, roe, hen harrier, lizard, hares, rabbits, curlew, lapwing, partridge and pheasant. 

Every region has a GSP, or at least an HPR, training club. If you join and work at it you’ll get to know people and invited onto other associated activities. 

7CFFFF77-C98A-44A3-9243-774C20B05C1F.jpeg

4062E828-7A9C-4888-B7C2-46AF6628EC65.jpeg

Sounds very interesting @WalkedUp I shall look into it. Couple of cracking pictures there! Hope you both had a fantastic day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Took pip out for a walk today on one of the farms I shoot through the wildfowling club. I noticed how close she was sticking despite being on a long line so I decided I’d let go and see how it went. She was amazing, came to every recall (had to call twice on one occasion) and was checking in visually pretty much constantly. I got a video of the recall but way to big to upload. I’ve also tried to compress it but still to big so a picture will have to suffice instead. 

06041485-EC74-4F91-818C-0CEF80CB2B93.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/04/2022 at 19:02, Spr1985 said:

Took pip out for a walk today on one of the farms I shoot through the wildfowling club. I noticed how close she was sticking despite being on a long line so I decided I’d let go and see how it went. She was amazing, came to every recall (had to call twice on one occasion) and was checking in visually pretty much constantly. I got a video of the recall but way to big to upload. I’ve also tried to compress it but still to big so a picture will have to suffice instead. 

06041485-EC74-4F91-818C-0CEF80CB2B93.jpeg

Coming long nicely 👌 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...