Dsoon Trail Camera T2

kiriak

Dsoon T2 (H8201)

Apart from a few comments on Trustpilot, I don't usually bother with reviews, however, after seeing this camera on YouTube on AM Bushcraft and Hunting I was intrigued by the two lens system - so got one.
Over the last 5 or 6 years I have just used a cheap Amazon trail camera in my garden to tell me what time during the day or night the rats are coming in to cause damage to my plants and scavenge under the bird feeders.
It is a camera made by Vic T-sing. I'd never heard of them before and haven't since.
Over those few years of use I've always been disappointed by the amount of blank videos, where the camera hasn't been fast enough to capture whatever has set it off. In the last year or so, I have tried a LOT of cameras from different sources and different manufacturers, all claiming to have a super fast trigger speed. They all went back, as run side by side with my original camera, they were no better trigger speed wise despite their claims.
They were a better quality, as the latest cameras run with a much better spec for photos and videos.
The best camera I had found to date was a Browning Recon Force ELITE HP4 with a 0.1 trigger speed and videos in 4K. A super spec camera and the results have been amazing, but, at £170, a bit on the pricey side!.

Now, along comes Dsoon with a dual wide angle lens camera system, one dedicated to night and one for day.
Covert black ir leds, 4K video, 0.2 trigger speed and much, much more and at less than half the price of the Browning.
Is it half the camera?. Absolutley not. I have been so impressed with this unit I thought I would post some of the images I have taken so far. Nothing David Bailey, just with the camera set up on my bird feeder.
The wide angle lens means I can get the camera in a lot closer and not miss anything on the periphery. I have to set my other cameras up 3m behind the Dsoon to get the same field of view!
All three of my cameras have the side sensors but the Dsoon captures two images (at least) before the other two cameras, because of the wide angle lens. When the other two struggle for light and go very, very grainy, the night lens kicks in on the Dsoon and I get a pin sharp image in black and white instead and then, when in total darkness, the IR kicks in and provides a crystal clear image with superb contrast, definition and a much better depth of field than the Browning.

Having spent a lot of wasted time with all the other cameras I have tried over the last 12 months or so, I can honestly say these will be my go to cameras for the future. These perform brilliantly now and will only get better in the future. Why pay over double for something that isn't twice as good? They come with a free SD card, the usual mounting bracket and strap. It claims a superb 30m ir range, IP66 waterproof rating, time lapse, timer and a 2.4" HD screen.

I'll leave a link to the site where I got mine from and a few links to the pics I mentioned above.

I'm going to do some videos next so will post those when they are ready.

I hope this review may be of use to someone,  to save them the months of time wasting I went through.

Cheers, Kirk

https://www.dsoonhunt.com

https://i.imgur.com/zr0yQ17.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tzO0TgK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/R2Ko2fC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yl9W2J0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NmiJ5hl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6YCxP7O.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just bought the T3 directly from Dsoon. Less than £65 delivered. Took just 9 days to arrive; 3 days from Dsoon to UK, 6 days for the Royal Mail to condescend to do their bit...

It's got a much better spec than the LTL Acorns I've got and is a lot cheaper. I've give it a test this weekend and see just how good it really is.

2 hours ago, Hector Vector said:

I've just bought the T3 directly from Dsoon. Less than £65 delivered. Took just 9 days to arrive; 3 days from Dsoon to UK, 6 days for the Royal Mail to condescend to do their bit...

It's got a much better spec than the LTL Acorns I've got and is a lot cheaper. I've give it a test this weekend and see just how good it really is.

Bought one aswell, will be putting it tomorrow, seems very good for the money when tested in the garden.

4 hours ago, powler said:

I see the solar panel is also on Dsoon website @ 42 euros

Direct from Dsoon on that web site. Mine has been running since last Saturday both day and night on combined photo and video mode. The card in the camera is filling up each day with over 1000 files but it still shows fully charged from the solar panel. This week it has been raining and overcast, frosty and foggy with only one day of blue sky and sunshine. 

18 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Do you still need to put batteries in when using the solar panel?

It has it's own built-in 1700mAh lithium battery but instructions say to install 4 batteries as a reserve. I had an old set of rechargeables that I had stopped using as they didn't last very long anymore so I put those in it. 

5 hours ago, powler said:

I see the solar panel is also on Dsoon website @ 42 euros

Direct from Dsoon on that web site. Mine has been running since last Saturday both day and night on combined photo and video mode. The card in the camera is filling up each day with over 1000 files but it still shows fully charged from the solar panel. This week it has been raining and overcast, frosty and foggy with only one day of blue sky and sunshine. 

6 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

So the T2 is the best one to get for day and night shots?

I went for the T2 as it has the dedicated twin lenses. One for day and one for night. The day photos are really nice and sharp and have good depth of field. The night stuff, which is what I mainly use it for, is amazingly good in both photo and video mode. On par with my Browning which cost 3 times as much! 

To be honest my old Vic T-Sing camera is totally no glow. I can't see a thing.  My Browning is really bright.  This seems to be in-between the two. You can just about see them.  I've caught cats on camera and they do look at the Browning. They dont look at the Dsoon. The rats and mice don't seem to even see the bright Browning.