Mark Drakeford

TRINITY

im sure he is very nice and kind off camera

but he has the movement and manorisms of a sloth on camera

its like watching something at Banham zoo....expect to see chwis peckham in the background doing a deaf jiggly hand thing

Edited by ditchman

Yes he is dire in what he says but he go with what he believes  is best for Wales and its people he don't tell lies and don't change his mind with a backbench rebellion then change it back  unlike England he shut the stable door before the horse bolted unlike the Fat Controller who then followed suit 

Duck Water!!!

Quite a nasty man from what I have seen - @Rim Firehas a different opinion from what he put above - but he is only part of the problem in Wales which is it being a pawn in a massive game between wannabees (Assembly) and the established (although currently comical) government of the UK. Similar game to is being played out in Scotland

He went to Mold and thought he was in Buckley - despite being corrected

When it goes wrong - blames Central Government

When it goes right (even if it was Central Government doing) - takes all the credit

28 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

what has a son in prison got to do with being Welsh 

I have never agreed with people using that to attack the man - despite my utter dislike (ne contempt) of him

As I say - Duck Water proves the point that in certain places certain parties could put a Monkey up as a candidate and it would get voted in - he is a very practical example!!

I'd rather Vaughan Gethin as First Minister, as when the leadership elections were held I thought Drakeford was old Labour - always battling for political points whereas Gethin was more dynamic.

Anyway still rather him than Boris! As for the son bit, as one of Jeremy Corbin's sons said about Piers Corbin you can't do anything about family 🙂

Trinity has started this thread knowing i am probably the only only one to respond i have obviously touched a nerve with some of my comments on the Fat Controller so this is my last post on it but i would still like to know off OLDYPIGEONPOPPER what has a son in Prison got to do with being Welsh

I can't see him lasting another election cycle with what he's done to Wales in the last few years. He's crippled the country with his overbearing COVID restrictions, refusal to address the M4 problem which makes anywhere west of Magor about as attractive to businesses and industry as a cactus tampon and wasted millions on consultations and white elephant projects that could be better spent opening up Wales to the wider world. Oh, and it's It's all Westminster's fault.

It's like living in a badly scripted sitcom. 

Plaid Cymru are waiting for the next election cycle to put this **** show to sword and then we'll be in for another 20 years of bad politics and Tory/ English/ BREXIT/ Non Independence blaming.

Dripford likes people to believe that Wales has been the safest place in the uk under his leadership, but it's all smoke and mirrors, he and the labour party like to pick and chose and do not like anyone who questions them, Dripford was dancing in a crowd the other week celebrating diwali ,when it was pointed out he should wear a mask it was said there was food at the premises,one rule for them sound familiar?

according to official figures, Wales has the worst fatalities for Covid-19 since the start of the pandemic.
The principality has recorded a rate of 285 Covid deaths per 100,000 population, followed by England with 257 deaths, Scotland with 224 and Northern Ireland with 207.

Despite Dripford taking a hard line, mask wearing, crowd limits etc we in Wales have come out the worst.

I can't see him lasting another election cycle with what he's done to Wales in the last few years. He's crippled the country with his overbearing COVID restrictions, refusal to address the M4 problem which makes anywhere west of Magor about as attractive to businesses and industry as a cactus tampon and wasted millions on consultations and white elephant projects that could be better spent opening up Wales to the wider world. Oh, and it's It's all Westminster's fault.

I was asking some Welsh clay shooters if they thought that Drippy would be re-elected after his crippling measures and answer I got was “You could put a red rosette on a donkey and it would be elected in Wales “ to which another one said “That’s what we have now so no change “ 

🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, discobob said:

I have never agreed with people using that to attack the man - despite my utter dislike (ne contempt) of him

As I say - Duck Water proves the point that in certain places certain parties could put a Monkey up as a candidate and it would get voted in - he is a very practical example!!

Hello, I am not attacking him but does it also have a bearing on people not liking him ,?

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

Trinity has started this thread knowing i am probably the only only one to respond i have obviously touched a nerve with some of my comments on the Fat Controller so this is my last post on it but i would still like to know off OLDYPIGEONPOPPER what has a son in Prison got to do with being Welsh

Hello, it maybe another reason why people don't like Mr Drakeford Senior 

1 hour ago, Mr.T said:

I was asking some Welsh clay shooters if they thought that Drippy would be re-elected after his crippling measures and answer I got was “You could put a red rosette on a donkey and it would be elected in Wales “ to which another one said “That’s what we have now so no change “ 

🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, it would be funny were it not so tragic.

There seems to be a lot of noise from the traditional labour types claiming a swing in allegiance from Welsh Labour to Plaid Cymru. There are literally thousands of elderly people living in the South Wales valleys, Swansea etc who have some not so fond memories of what evil Maggie and the Tory party did to the miners and how the lord and saviour labour party saved Wales so we'll need to wait and see if that turns out to be anything more than just noise.

You get the politicians you vote for and rightly so this is what we seem to have voted for. 

I think he's OK, does what he thinks is best for Wales. Like everyone, he's between a rock and a hard place.

What's that saying, you can please some of the people some of the time but you'll never please all of the people all of the time.

He should not be judged by his son's wrongdoings, he is not alone in the political world of a black sheep in the family.

6 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Sorry Rimfire, never gave you a thought.  It's something that came to me when watching him recently. Don't know how the people of Wales suffer the the bloke.