Cheep Tweed Jackets

Jason13

I know this topic been discussed before but can any recommend the cheap tweed jacket that you can get from game fairs.

I was looking at buying one from Rydale clothing( also known as Yorkshire Trading Company), and they are manufactured by Laird of Kilkelly, priced at £50.

Comments greatly appreciated.

I bought exactly the same 2 years ago. Still use it ocassionally, but like most tweed jackets, they are a bit on the heavy side when wet. They look the part, but are they really functual with todays modern materials? I found that when standing on a shoot they were a bit cumberson, but if really cold weather sets in (Oh how I wish!) the're great!

Bought one a couple of years ago from devon county show, does the job (same one,rhydale special!).

With the mild winters we seem to be having they are a bit on the heavy side, i bought a musto fleece for my driven days and keep the tweed in the boot of the car just in case!, the only gripe with my tweed coat is there isnt a popper to keep the collar together when you wear it collars up, so rain goes straight in the neck ...... shudder :good:

Excellent value for money if starting out.

Hi, If you are in East Yorkshire, Yorkshiretrading head office/warehouse is in Driffield and they have a big, very cheap sale at the warehouse each year. Definately worth finding out when it is. There gear is cheap and cheerful but sturdy, I use the Rydale fleeces and they last ages getting tumbled dried every other day in an industrial laundry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

got a yorkshire trading store 7miles down the road, 2minute walk from the cartridge shop

i buy most of my shooting clothing from there

all rydale

they look well enough and seem to last a good while for me

well worth the money

as with all clothing, they do have bad points, but what this world be without the **** bits

I've got a Sherwood Forest Tweed jacket that I bought from a charity shop (for £10) two years ago. From that point I've worn it excessively in winter, and it's stood up to some pretty brutal treatment (with some minor stitching repair), they are about £100 new, and I'd still be happy If I had bought it from new.

For the past 11 seasons I have worn a ,£60 "Bronte" tweed shooting jacket, purchased from a market stall, unfortunately the zip packed up last week but otherwise the jacket shell and external pockets look like they would go on a further 11 seasons. With a quilted lining and a waterproof drop liner this has been warm and snug in the coldest conditions, as another post has said they are Heavy when wet but do retain some warmth even in this condition.

Blackpowder

• 8 years later...