Woodpigeon flighting and roost shooting.

Big Al

Ahhhhh you've got my juices flowing now, I can't wait to get stuck in to them.

The best roost shooting on our syndicate's land unfortunately all seems to be right near the release pens and therefore the roosting for the pheasants, so I can't really get stuck in until the season's over.  I do have a few cheeky little outings with my 12g hushpower but it's a horrible gun to swing through flighting pigeons and the cartridge economy is quite embarrassing!

Thanks for the video, loved it.  You took some very nice ones!

5 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

Ahhhhh you've got my juices flowing now, I can't wait to get stuck in to them.

The best roost shooting on our syndicate's land unfortunately all seems to be right near the release pens and therefore the roosting for the pheasants, so I can't really get stuck in until the season's over.  I do have a few cheeky little outings with my 12g hushpower but it's a horrible gun to swing through flighting pigeons and the cartridge economy is quite embarrassing!

Thanks for the video, loved it.  You took some very nice ones!

Thanks Jim. Many years ago on my very first roost shoot I was given a great piece of advice - DON'T COUNT THE EMPTIES!!😉

Just now, Big Al said:

Thanks Jim. Many years ago on my very first roost shoot I was given a great piece of advice - DON'T COUNT THE EMPTIES!!😉

😂 I know it's amazing sometimes but I can't help myself, I'm a bit of a statistician! I'm around 3.5:1 with my standard 12g and the ratio roughly doubles with the hushpower.