happy christmas to you all

nobbyathome

just like to wish everyone a happy christmas and new year

i have enjoyed the banter /information /laughs etc that this good forum has brought me 

there are many good kind deeds done by plenty of us on here during the year 

a few have had family losses and have been helped by good kind wishes from members 

its that kind of thing that matters 

i hope 2022 brings you all happiness and good health

rob

ps thanks to the mods that rarely get a mention you all do a good job 

It's Christmas morning here (0715), so I guess we got there first 😀

We've done presents already. With a 7 year old in the house, that was inevitable! Brunch at home, then off to our friend's beachside campsite for BBQ, beers and fun in the sun. 

Merry Christmas, hot barrels and tight lines for the coming year.

Well another year of disruption and loss has come and gone. But I  wish everyone well and a better time to come.  We've had the jabs and taken the tests and we're off to one of the daughters for the day.  It's about time that we started to get some payback from our kids so here we go merry Christmas everyone. And the Mrs can do the driving.   Ho Ho Ho.

12 hours ago, Houseplant said:

It's Christmas morning here (0715), so I guess we got there first 😀

We've done presents already. With a 7 year old in the house, that was inevitable! Brunch at home, then off to our friend's beachside campsite for BBQ, beers and fun in the sun. 

Merry Christmas, hot barrels and tight lines for the coming year.

hope you had a good time.

We too were going to our younger daughter's today. She was very excited - the first time she had done Christmas lunch, as I usually do it and they had come to us in previous years, but my bout of discitis earlier this year put paid to that.

Anyway, she phoned last night in floods of tears. Tested Covid positive and a second test this morning gave the same result.

My wife and our Scottie have met up with SIL and our grandaughters and their Scottie for a walk, and I am doing belly pork for lunch!

Merry Christmas to all on PW

11 hours ago, amateur said:

We too were going to our younger daughter's today. She was very excited - the first time she had done Christmas lunch, as I usually do it and they had come to us in previous years, but my bout of discitis earlier this year put paid to that.

Anyway, she phoned last night in floods of tears. Tested Covid positive and a second test this morning gave the same result.

My wife and our Scottie have met up with SIL and our grandaughters and their Scottie for a walk, and I am doing belly pork for lunch!

Merry Christmas to all on PW

That's utterly miserable. Sorry to hear that for your family. 

Hopefully she found a way to enjoy it still 😞 Although pork belly is always a winner

7 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

That's utterly miserable. Sorry to hear that for your family. 

Hopefully she found a way to enjoy it still 😞 Although pork belly is always a winner

Thanks, Chris, it was.

SIL packed up the prepared veg and pigs in blankets and dropped them off after the walk and they went well with the pork, saving me a job.

We saw the kids opening their presents on Whatsapp and even played remote games, so not at all bad