Longthorne and TGS

Scully

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, London Best said:

You obviously have a great appreciation of quality.

Well LONDON BEST I'd have to agree with ROBDEN on the very true basis that hitting and hitting mostly everything you shoot at does have quality all of its own whereas missing, even if it is "missing in style" is still just that...missing!

Edited by enfieldspares

Just now, enfieldspares said:

Well LONDON BEST I'd have to agree with ROBDEN on the very true basis that hitting and hitting mostly everything you shoot at does have quality all of its own whereas "missing in style" is still just that...missing!

I agree to an extent. I have a farmer friend who shoots driven game on big estates with a scruffy Baikal straight off the tractor and can stand alongside anybody. 
But, given the choice, would you choose a Trabant over an Aston? 
Or an ugly woman over a film star?

4 hours ago, London Best said:

I agree to an extent. I have a farmer friend who shoots driven game on big estates with a scruffy Baikal straight off the tractor and can stand alongside anybody. 
But, given the choice, would you choose a Trabant over an Aston? 
Or an ugly woman over a film star?

With Hattie and Peggy to choose from I admire your style.

19 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

I do watch he’s videos out of curiosity how much did he pay does anyone know ? If your talking a lot of money I’d rather just go and try a few guns and buy one that’s already made from browning beretta etc if I wanted a 0/u as long as it fits me 

I would suspect its a "sponsorship" deal gun. I reckon it would be in the region of £25k new if you or I were to purchase it. 

41 minutes ago, Cawdor118 said:

I would suspect its a "sponsorship" deal gun. I reckon it would be in the region of £25k new if you or I were to purchase it. 

That’s a serious amount of money for what he got me personally I couldn’t justify if I had that kind of money to buy a side lock O/U but each to there own If it was me I’d probably buy a sidelock S/S 

Sorry side plate o/u typo mistakes 👍

20 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Sorry side plate o/u typo mistakes 👍

I think I am right in saying the  gun in question was a trigger plate action.  My Dickson trigger plate is of understated elegance , yet some Dickson customers of the past had their R/A disguised as sidelocks.  No need for side plates on trigger plate or boxlock actions, but that's a personal opinion.

Blackpowder

On 25/12/2021 at 12:54, Rob85 said:

Longthorns main selling point seems to be their barrels. When non toxic loads get pushed more and more they will be trying to capitalise on the extreme hugh bird market, a good looking gun that can take a big steel load through a full choke will appeal to people who engage in that kind of shooting. Sadly for me apart from not having that kind of cash to part with  the barrels are the wrong way round for game shooting 😁

Having friends in the gun trade and also in the proof house I can tell you there barrels aren’t as good as they make out

22 hours ago, Blackpowder said:

I think I am right in saying the  gun in question was a trigger plate action.  My Dickson trigger plate is of understated elegance , yet some Dickson customers of the past had their R/A disguised as sidelocks.  No need for side plates on trigger plate or boxlock actions, but that's a personal opinion.

Blackpowder

👍my point is for the price me personally I’d bought a proper sidelock nice gun all the same 👍👍👍

He is clearly an influencer, but apparently he brings in the goods -- I spoke to the MD of a shop that had a couple of his videos "sponsored" and he told me he clearly brings in sales. So overall, I don't mind. It's not too "pushy" and it's good eye candy when looking at something on YT.