Longthorne and TGS

Scully

I watch his videos, his dialogue tends to wander about and he plays devils advocate to his own statements, it's boring, but it's something to watch. Not as bad as David Florent, he needs to leave the building. The bloke off premier guns is with listening too, definitely someone I'd take advice from if I was shopping

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, retromlc said:

I watch his videos, his dialogue tends to wander about and he plays devils advocate to his own statements, it's boring, but it's something to watch. Not as bad as David Florent, he needs to leave the building. The bloke off premier guns is with listening too, definitely someone I'd take advice from if I was shopping

I'd rather be deaf than listen to David Florent.  When he reviews a gun he spends more time shooting

it than telling you about it. Totally boring bloke.

On 01/01/2022 at 21:55, Fellside said:

Perhaps you’re right HantsRob. They may be getting some sort of Hull deal for their promo….?They made some noise about a brand of ear plugs as well. Can’t imagine Hull sponsorship though - as that’s a major commitment from any cartridge company. I shrink from calling him an ‘influencer’ by the way, as he only ever influences me to reach for the off command. 

LOL! Yes at first I often thought here's an interesting young man. Now I more often think where's Drachinifel or Mark Felton.

The Florents? Hmm. A bit too much seeming of they;ve X, Y or Z in stock so why not make a video promoting X, Y, or Z so as to sell them. 

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, samboy said:

Lloyd Patterson  (erm )

David Florent    ( so )

John Carter    ( however )

If i had a pound every time i heard them say these words i could buy a Purdey 🤣.

TGS at least do decent production values, some of the others are definitely...variable.

But honestly I don't get what the fuss is about?  They're producing free content.  That has to be paid for.  That means Sponsors/advertising or crowd-funding.

I don't think UK-specific youtubers can live through the patreon/crowd funding model, because we're just not used to paying for media directly.

I'm not sure truly impartial reviews is something I've ever come across in my lifetime anyway.  Certainly not in print media.  And if the, uh, elder members suddenly starting citing, with their rose-tinted spectacles, articles in old copies of Shooting Times, all I can say is, pull the other one.  Even in the 60s, cosy, um, arrangements were being made.  The hand that feeds you and all that.

18 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

TGS at least do decent production values, some of the others are definitely...variable.

But honestly I don't get what the fuss is about?  They're producing free content.  That has to be paid for.  That means Sponsors/advertising or crowd-funding.

I don't think UK-specific youtubers can live through the patreon/crowd funding model, because we're just not used to paying for media directly.

I'm not sure truly impartial reviews is something I've ever come across in my lifetime anyway.  Certainly not in print media.  And if the, uh, elder members suddenly starting citing, with their rose-tinted spectacles, articles in old copies of Shooting Times, all I can say is, pull the other one.  Even in the 60s, cosy, um, arrangements were being made.  The hand that feeds you and all that.

Agree 100%. As long as they don't do anything silly then more power to them. 

On 10/02/2022 at 15:56, udderlyoffroad said:

I agree on this point mostly!

I loved watching the factory tours and process, and genuinely felt as good as any documentary on TV for production also. Natural and fluid, not scripted, and biased towards them slightly as you'd expect.

JC is getting better at saying "sponsored by" to let you know who is helping pay for the video, and I'd probably tell the world that my <insert brand> was shooting so smoothly and amazing if I had been given one for free, because a free brand new gun would give good vibes which I think would make me shoot it better as I was happy! :D I'd just like to know what his bunk up deal with Hull is, I definitely prefer Fiocchi. But then that could just be me having been influenced by friends without realising.

*disclosure* HantsRob - sponsored by bacon rolls and a good cuppa tea.

On 11/02/2022 at 10:39, discobob said:

I have previously appeared on a TGS video - I am circled in red

image.png.df30803b14ea8e8021e79f8c640ad04d.png 

Did he gush about the quality of your wood, or did he say your action was a little stiff?

11 hours ago, HantsRob said:

I agree on this point mostly!

I loved watching the factory tours and process, and genuinely felt as good as any documentary on TV for production also. Natural and fluid, not scripted, and biased towards them slightly as you'd expect.

JC is getting better at saying "sponsored by" to let you know who is helping pay for the video, and I'd probably tell the world that my <insert brand> was shooting so smoothly and amazing if I had been given one for free, because a free brand new gun would give good vibes which I think would make me shoot it better as I was happy! I'd just like to know what his bunk up deal with Hull is, I definitely prefer Fiocchi. But then that could just be me having been influenced by friends without realising.

*disclosure* HantsRob - sponsored by bacon rolls and a good cuppa tea.

Did he gush about the quality of your wood, or did he say your action was a little stiff?

Both😆

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Whitester said:

I get what people are saying about tgs and Johnny but he’s not a bad bloke and his delivery I believe is honest if not decisive .  By honest I mean that he is unapologetically himself and works hard to get vids posted that I spend some of my spare time watching , good on him I say.

I also enjoy his videos. 👍