Xmas TV

billytheghillie

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

errrrr?????? What's a TV ??????????

You know Sir, the one where they charge a fortune for the privilege of owning a TV just so that they can support the merry go round of obscene salaries to third rate presenters to send around the country in endless circles? Mind numbing?

The wildlife filming however seems superb but other stations are now catching up in quality? 

I could really rant on about the BBC and it's wildlife presenters, and that obviously includes Countryfile, but so far this silly season I have been quite mellow and would simply say that I would never pay for a TV licence to watch the rubbish that is shown. My wife on the other hand insists on staying on the right side of the law and she religiously gets a licence.

What is wrong with a good book in the evenings when not entertaining. I have been swapping between Samuel Pepys' Diary and Bird Life of the Borders by Abel Chapman.

48 minutes ago, JDog said:

I could really rant on about the BBC and it's wildlife presenters, and that obviously includes Countryfile, but so far this silly season I have been quite mellow and would simply say that I would never pay for a TV licence to watch the rubbish that is shown. My wife on the other hand insists on staying on the right side of the law and she religiously gets a licence.

What is wrong with a good book in the evenings when not entertaining. I have been swapping between Samuel Pepys' Diary and Bird Life of the Borders by Abel Chapman.

Totally agree. I do love movies, but can get my fill of those by having a smart tv. 
I no longer have sky since the kids grew up and couldn’t bring myself to pay Disney or BT for anything ( apart from my super fast broadband, which is a must )  and indeed begrudge the BBC licence fee, but my OH is very much like yours, so we pay it. 
My daughter and son are big movie fans also, and stream theirs in, but watch little tv otherwise. 
I watch a lot of shooting related YouTube stuff, but I also read a lot, and currently have ‘Lucien Freud: The Early Years’ on the go, ( bit heavy going if I’m honest ) have just finished a Clarkson book, and hopefully will receive his latest ‘Diddly Squat Farm’ later today when my two beauties come round for another Christmas Day. 👍

Well we've watched a few older films with the kids over Xmas all curled on the sofa, last nights treat was Goonies 😅😅😅 how they got away with what they did back then I'll never know,  the language used is nothing like kids films these days, oh how we laughed.

Another great comparison is Home alone vs Home alone 3, 3 wasn't actually too bad, it just wasn't the same as 1 😅😅