CENS or CF digital

OGGIE

I spent months researching and debating this subject. In the end I came to the decision that whatever I bought I would be keeping for many years and also you generally get what you pay for.

So I went for the Vario Revolution 6. Not a lo cost option, but they are they use digital technology and the results speak for themselves.

The ease of use and ability to change modes so easily bring them to the forefront. Having the ability to change modes when say by a noisy waterway of onto Gamekeeper mode when you need to hear birds breaking cover on a drive or wildfowling is invaluable.

I found nothing else comes close. 

• 3 months later...

Paid for them on 29/12/21.  Impressions done 30/01/2022. Production started on 01/02/2022. I was told for electronic ear defenders it would take between 20 and 25 working days. I emailed them in March as to when they would be ready and had a reply saying that they couldn't get all the parts.  Sent them an email on the 6th of April asking where they were and was told they could still not get the parts to finish them but they were hoping to hear about it today. Still waiting ( day 50 tomorrow). I'm getting to the stage where I want my money back.

Alan.

I too have CFG's and think they are excellent.  Far better than  the Cens that I have had for a number of years. I am aware that they have struggled to obtain some of the electrical components,  I believe they come from China (what doesn't?) and delivery times are out of their hands. I do know they have had issues meeting time scales. If you prefer rubbish after sales, poor quality product and don't give a damn attitude,  buy the Cens.

I wonder if they took too many orders at the BSS as the stand was quite busy.

I have the switch passive ones but I bought some from Mercury at the BSS they are  the electronic phoenix 2 ones and I got a good deal on them. They arrived four days after the estimate they gave me and I’ve used them a couple times and think there great. They also do a rechargeable set with multiple sound profiles but they were a little too much for me.

I had Cens DX3 and thought they were good. Unfortunately its the Cens customer service that lets the company down. When I purchased some replacements I bought from CFG,  I received them before then end of last season and to be honest think they are great as good as the Cens, cheaper and with a customer services department that want to help. 

I was initially looking at CFG but after Alan's delay with the chips I'm looking at Vario revolution now. Maybe the Revolution 2 or 3. Can't decide if all the modes are worth it on higher models for clays. Not heard a bad word against Vario. They are in stock too unlike CFG. Anyone got vario revolution, ?