CENS or CF digital

OGGIE

I have a pair of revolutions had them just over a year now no problems still going strong I can’t compare them to the other ones because I haven’t tried them but I would recommend them, easy to deal with They sent me a voucher through the post I went to boots hearing department and had the impressions done and they post them straight off to Vero, The only thing I would say the batteries don’t last too long but they are easy to change and Cheap

regards sf1

17 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

I have a pair of revolutions had them just over a year now no problems still going strong I can’t compare them to the other ones because I haven’t tried them but I would recommend them, easy to deal with They sent me a voucher through the post I went to boots hearing department and had the impressions done and they post them straight off to Vero, The only thing I would say the batteries don’t last too long but they are easy to change and Cheap

regards sf1

SF1. 

I'm wondering which revolution to get. I only shoot skeet.  Would the basic revolution 2 be OK or are the ones with more modes any better. 

Andy

I don’t think they would be any better they just got more modes, it’s a personal choice depending what you are gonna use them for as you said you shoot skeet I think things to consider before you purchase are you likely to do any other type of shooting in the future

I think you could probably use the twos quite happily for everything anyway but then that’s just my opinion

why not phone Valerio and take some advice off of them they better qualified

Edited by silver fox 1

I believe that CFG are, like a lot of other businesses, the victims of what has become a Narional trend, the non availability of materials required for their products. My Daughter has been waiting for 6 weeks for a kitchen  to be finished and they still can not get the appliances. Apparently they are stuck in a container, on a dockside, somewhere in Europe ! Have some sympathy for the manufacturers who are caught in the middle.

10 hours ago, 12B0re said:

Amazing news Alan.. 

I decided to go for Vario in the end, getting my ear moulds tomorrow.. be interested to see what your CFGs are like though! 

Andy 

Bit late to this thread. Which vario’s did you go for? I’ve been using their Revolution 3 Clay set for over a year and thoroughly recommend them.

On 12/04/2022 at 21:00, rding said:

I wonder if they took too many orders at the BSS as the stand was quite busy.

I have the switch passive ones but I bought some from Mercury at the BSS they are  the electronic phoenix 2 ones and I got a good deal on them. They arrived four days after the estimate they gave me and I’ve used them a couple times and think there great. They also do a rechargeable set with multiple sound profiles but they were a little too much for me.

Hi, out of curiosity what did you pay rather than 299 retail? Just wondering if there's a code for discount or if it was a show price only?

On 04/05/2022 at 17:49, OGGIE said:

Used them today and was well impressed. Played about with the settings and the clay setting did what it said. Would recommend on the first go. Have to see what they do over time.

I'm curious as to how much more the digitals are worth it over the CF Switch. What made you take the leap from switch to digital? Just curious as it's a whopping £280 difference!

On 05/05/2022 at 20:16, HantsRob said:

Hi, out of curiosity what did you pay rather than 299 retail? Just wondering if there's a code for discount or if it was a show price only?

It was a show offer and they were on the stand for £275 but they did them for £250. You can get various codes for CFG if you look around. I only shoot clays so don’t need all the modes others have. If I’m on my own the passives are great but if I’m with a group the digital ones are much better.

19 hours ago, rding said:

It was a show offer and they were on the stand for £275 but they did them for £250. You can get various codes for CFG if you look around. I only shoot clays so don’t need all the modes others have. If I’m on my own the passives are great but if I’m with a group the digital ones are much better.

thanks, that makes a difference. I use some peltor electronic bins currently so would want similar, so sounds like I need to stump up for electronic rather than passives! 

I appreciate you getting back to me :)

HantsRob. I have both passive and electronic custom made in ear defenders. While the passive ones were much cheaper ( about £100 if I remember correctly) and quite good there is no comparison with the new CFG ones.  The MSA Sordin muffs were excellent I just wanted something less cumbersome. 

Interested to read about peoples waiting time with CFG ..I ordered some digitals at the BSS and seen nothing yet .Two emails and a call later to be told each time that they hoped to get parts next week and finish and deliver following week..that was a fortnight ago..! I will be calling tomorrow and if not guaranteed to be here by end of week will cancel and ask for refund..Shame  they are having problems but lack of communication is telling ..They take an email address a short email to explain would be appreciated but it seems you only hear when you contact them..

On 07/05/2022 at 18:20, OGGIE said:

HantsRob. I have both passive and electronic custom made in ear defenders. While the passive ones were much cheaper ( about £100 if I remember correctly) and quite good there is no comparison with the new CFG ones.  The MSA Sordin muffs were excellent I just wanted something less cumbersome. 

great, thankyou!

CFG digis are around 399, and I see the competitor digis are 299. So, with your feedback I am going to go digital, just probably with the 299's based down Gatwick way! (or actually go to a gun show sometime!)