1 minute ago, London Best said:

I’m not crying, I just think you are an idiot, and probably a dangerous one at that. 
I am not prepared to argue with you.

Who said I know nothing about the subject?

Becuase I haven't got my sgc or fac I automatically know nothing is it?

You don't know me what I do or what I know that's the simple fact here 

Ammo though yes I was confused on that  that's why I came here to get information 

I'm not arguing with you just having a conversation you thinking it's an argument says it all... 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, leesmithyt33 said:

if you wasn't so lazy and actually read what was written you would see im not doing the "whole UK gun legislation" 

On 28/12/2021 at 12:39, leesmithyt33 said:

im doing a youtube video on uk gun laws

I see you have since decided to leave out the bits you don't have any understanding of, like ammunition.

I take it back maybe if you leave out all the bits you have no understanding of, a 6 minute video may be way too long.

Edited by Newbie to this

I don’t think anyone is trying to shut you down, rather they are concerned you’re going to make a complete hash of it and make not only yourself, but the rest of us also, look like idiots. 
I have to agree with them to be honest, because I genuinely don’t think you have a clue about anything to do with firearms or their legislation, which isn’t a very good place to start. 
You are coming over as terribly naive, and now you want pictures of peoples guns? Why? 

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I see you have since decided to leave out the bits you don't have any understanding of, like ammunition.

I take it back maybe if you leave out all the bits you have no understanding of, a 6 minute video may be way too long.

Anything that's written in black and white I will put in the video anything that is upto interpretation or for anything that's decided by the local authoritys

E.g.

The ammount of ammo allowed to be kept (fac) I will leave out. 

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t think anyone is trying to shut you down, rather they are concerned you’re going to make a complete hash of it and make not only yourself, but the rest of us also, look like idiots. 
I have to agree with them to be honest, because I genuinely don’t think you have a clue about anything to do with firearms or their legislation, which isn’t a very good place to start. 
You are coming over as terribly naive, and now you want pictures of peoples guns? Why? 

Thing is I'm allowed to make a complete hash of it if I want 

If I was going to do that do you really think I would of come on here asking for information?

No I would of just made the video and uploaded it 

You are making yourself look like idiots lol I do need to do that for you. 

You are just ignorant to say that you don't know what I know you're assuming 

I have the legislation written In front of me so please tell me how that's wrong? 

I've said why I asked for that.. Honestly morons

If I was doing a video on a mclaren for example and I went onto a mclaren forum asking for help on something

I would ask if anyone wants a picture of their car in the video how is it any different to asking about a picture of a gun? 

You all just seem to be going way to deep into this. 

8 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

It is insane that we are entertaining this circus. 

And yet were still going strong :)

30 minutes ago, leesmithyt33 said:

Its your opinion and your entitled to it even though you are wrong 

What's wrong in asking to see pictures of people's guns then? Illegal is it? I'm trying to talk about guns and everyone seems to want to shut me down about it 

You are wrong 1000%

Why don't you have a go instead of having a cry about it? 

I’m sure that when you apply for your sgc or firearms license the answer will become clear 

my thoughts are

a new member is asking about ammunition for a video documentary and then requesting pictures of members guns (why)

would you have to pay royalties if you just took a picture of the net ?

10 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

Wait, what was the question again?

It was (post #1) " any information on how much of each calibre you're allowed to keep and does the ammo have to be stored in a separate locked box to the guns"

However since then the OP has said  "The ammount of ammo allowed to be kept (fac) I will leave out." and "I have the legislation written In front of me" so (I presume) he now has the answer to his "stored ammo" question (?) and indeed most of his other questions ??

Have you any 'open' questions @leesmithyt33 ?

Edited by miki

25 minutes ago, leesmithyt33 said:

Anything that's written in black and white I will put in the video anything that is upto interpretation or for anything that's decided by the local authoritys

E.g.

The ammount of ammo allowed to be kept (fac) I will leave out. 

Thing is I'm allowed to make a complete hash of it if I want 

If I was going to do that do you really think I would of come on here asking for information?

No I would of just made the video and uploaded it 

You are making yourself look like idiots lol I do need to do that for you. 

You are just ignorant to say that you don't know what I know you're assuming 

I have the legislation written In front of me so please tell me how that's wrong? 

I've said why I asked for that.. Honestly morons

If I was doing a video on a mclaren for example and I went onto a mclaren forum asking for help on something

I would ask if anyone wants a picture of their car in the video how is it any different to asking about a picture of a gun? 

And yet were still going strong

Ah well, now you’re simply coming across as immature.
At least if you’re making a video rather than a written dissertation you may get away with it. 

I’m not really sure you’re in a position to call others ignorant. 

11 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

This whole thread is a bit “The League of Gentlemen”.

This is a local forum for local people 😂

Wait, what was the question again?

I'm going to assume that's a film? 

Oh is it? I thought it was a gun forum for everyone in the UK not like your trying to get rid of someone you don't like then? 

Question has been answered 

6 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I’m sure that when you apply for your sgc or firearms license the answer will become clear 

my thoughts are

a new member is asking about ammunition for a video documentary and then requesting pictures of members guns (why)

Yes am I not allowed to ask questions for a video?

Would you rather it be full of mistakes? 

I simply came on here out of respect I wouldn't want to put the wrong information out there 

People are over reacting.. They've got a week off work and are bored and want to moan about things 

No I won't because I won't use photos that are copyright protected

im not going to contribute to this thread as im a idiot.................but i would like to say that i have always been uncomfortable about the ammont and size and power of fireworks the joe bloggs can just go out and buy.........and it comes complete with fuses.............

dont need any liecence for that stuff...............now make a videeo about that then..:good::big_boss:

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im not going to contribute to this thread as im a idiot.................but i would like to say that i have always been uncomfortable about the ammont and size and power of fireworks the joe bloggs can just go out and buy.........and it comes complete with fuses.............

dont need any liecence for that stuff...............now make a videeo about that then..:good::big_boss:

That would be worth making 

good idea 😊👍

5 minutes ago, leesmithyt33 said:

I'm going to assume that's a film? 

Oh is it? I thought it was a gun forum for everyone in the UK not like your trying to get rid of someone you don't like then? 

Question has been answered 

Yes am I not allowed to ask questions for a video?

Would you rather it be full of mistakes? 

I simply came on here out of respect I wouldn't want to put the wrong information out there 

People are over reacting.. They've got a week off work and are bored and want to moan about things 

No I won't because I won't use photos that are copyright protected

No sorry, you misunderstand me.

The League of Gentlemen was a British comedy about folks who were very much against strangers in their village. Pitchforks idea, etc.

Shooting folks just see through certain questions posed on forums, especially when posed by very new members.

Some members will answer the question posed but some will smell a conspiracy or ill motives.

How do you feel your questions have been answered?

23 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ah well, now you’re simply coming across as immature.
At least if you’re making a video rather than a written dissertation you may get away with it. 

I’m not really sure you’re in a position to call others ignorant. 

I'm not perfect and I might immature in a sense but who isn't? 

When you are being discourteous I can call you ignorant 

When you are not reading what I write and commenting the same stuff I can call you ignorant 

When someone says something about me while not knowing me or what I know that's ignorant 

I've said multiple times in not doing a written dissertation I'm doing a video with me speaking. 

I'm here trying to learn.. trying to find out the answers to questions that I don't know 

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

That's more like that could be another video for another time that!

Funny thing is I don't need a license to make a video about guns in the UK  either 

11 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

No sorry, you misunderstand me.

The League of Gentlemen was a British comedy about folks who were very much against strangers in their village. Pitchforks idea, etc.

Shooting folks just see through certain questions posed on forums, especially when posed by very new members.

Some members will answer the question posed but some will smell a conspiracy or ill motives.

How do you feel your questions have been answered?

Ahh yes! That seems to fit very well lol

I will take a look of that film

if I was here slating guns and the laws I could see why the hostility.

But I'm not I came here to make sure I didn't put nothing wrong in there 

A few members have been more than helpful and some of the unhelpful has also been helpful in a way lol

That's fair I suppose I can only reassure them there's not ill motive

Ive been as open as possible even shared my socials with them

But yes I do think they've been answered I've gotten more help than I could do hoped for! 

I'm very grateful for the help

Edited by leesmithyt33

As you may very well be aware .shooting sports in the UK seem to be under constant attack from all sides including our own government  .this has been the case for many a decade  " death of a thousand  cuts " comes to mind  . It would be very understandable that  those people who hold shooting sports very dear to their hearts  .both for pleasure and business. Can be VERY defensive  about the topic  and will do what they can to stop the tidal wave of restrictions  and bad press surrounding our sport .

A video on the topic has the ability  to hasten the decine of  shooting freedoms  .whether  its intended or not .

I would not make a video about boxing in the UK .As I kknow virtually nothing on the subject .any vid I did make would probably be rubbish. I'd leave it to someone who knows boxing inside out and can portray  the sport in a favourable light it deserves.

If that was my intention .??? 

15 minutes ago, leesmithyt33 said:

I'm not perfect and I might immature in a sense but who isn't? 

When you are being discourteous I can call you ignorant 

When you are not reading what I write and commenting the same stuff I can call you ignorant 

When someone says something about me while not knowing me or what I know that's ignorant 

I've said multiple times in not doing a written dissertation I'm doing a video with me speaking. 

I'm here trying to learn.. trying to find out the answers to questions that I don't know 

That's more like that could be another video for another time that!

Funny thing is I don't need a license to make a video about guns in the UK  either 

Ahh yes! That seems to fit very well lol

I will take a look of that film

if I was here slating guns and the laws I could see why the hostility.

But I'm not I came here to make sure I didn't put nothing wrong in there 

A few members have been more than helpful and some of the unhelpful has also been helpful in a way lol

That's fair I suppose I can only reassure them there's not ill motive

Ive been as open as possible even shared my socials with them

But yes I do think they've been answered I've gotten more help than I could do hoped for! 

I'm very grateful for the help

You can call me anything you like, it won’t make your video any more interesting, or any more accurate, whereas a few years of experience prior to making it just might. 

12 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

As you may very well be aware .shooting sports in the UK seem to be under constant attack from all sides including our own government  .this has been the case for many a decade  " death of a thousand  cuts " comes to mind  . It would be very understandable that  those people who hold shooting sports very dear to their hearts  .both for pleasure and business. Can be VERY defensive  about the topic  and will do what they can to stop the tidal wave of restrictions  and bad press surrounding our sport .

Emotions bring you to being defensive and we are not perfect so i understand 

I could easily as could anyone else

make a video about how guns should be banned in the UK

I think people should be glad I'm not doing that but the replys I've been having you would think that's the video I'm making lol 

16 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

video on the topic has the ability  to hasten the decine of  shooting freedoms  .whether  its intended or not .

I would not make a video about boxing in the UK .As I kknow virtually nothing on the subject .any vid I did make would probably be rubbish. I'd leave it to someone who knows boxing inside out and can portray  the sport in a favourable light it deserves.

If that was my intention .??? 

That's your opinion right there, there are loads of videos on YouTube that show guns in the UK show people shooting them etc.. 

Has everyone of them had a negative impact? 

If you're incapable of making a video about the rules of boxing when everything is layed out in front of you then if I was you probably wouldn't make any videos either 

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

You can call me anything you like, it won’t make your video any more interesting, or any more accurate, whereas a few years of experience prior to making it just might. 

I'm not trying to insult you I'm simply pointing out your ignorant because that's what your being. 

I can't disagree with you obviously time spent learning will make me more knowledgeable 

Everyone's different and learn at different paces 

2 hours ago, leesmithyt33 said:

So first off here Im not a gun activist I agree with every law that we have that attends to guns and most other things 

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist. By saying you're not a gun activist wouldn't mean you may not be seen as one. The advice I believe is partly be careful what you share, as it could be mis-interpreted. (or in some peoples cases, interpreted correctly)

2 hours ago, leesmithyt33 said:

After thinking about it over night I've decided not to add ammo information into it as there is so much to it and I wouldn't want to get anything wrong 

Actually, you could get better credit by explaining the nature of FAC ammo, that it depends on what the purpose is you have your firearms for, and what quantities you may need. The fact it varies on a case by case example shows that forces limit the amount of ammo allowed to the purpose it's been licenced for. That way you don't need to know quantities, but explains why you can't answer "how much".

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

I hope I’m wrong 

I hope so also, or I may have egg on my face! 

That said, you've not been wrong from my experience yet....

1 hour ago, leesmithyt33 said:

And yet were still going strong :)

Lee, I am going to step out of this conversation now. I have attempted to give you the full benefit of the doubt to this point, and some of the comments have come to you with concern from people who have shot longer than I've lived and range from good shots to triple A shooters. 

If you have specific additional questions I'd suggest a new topic with explicit new questions that you can't find an answer to following a google/bing/AskJeeves search, and like your other thread you may find people are happy to answer. 

As for this one, with no finger pointing, it's degraded to a point I am stepping out of it. I'd ask maybe you take the higher ground on this one and let this thread naturally conclude, and hope maybe others do likewise. It's not good for the sport or forum, we are all here for the love and passion of this amazing sport. 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

If it's not monetised (I haven't checked his YT account but I suspect under 1000 subscribers based on the comments on this thread) then you can use open source pictures, or most photos as long as you reference them in the comments. But, typically you'd have to ask permission from the photo owner to use/reproduce that image on a new feed, and potentially reference it also. This doesn't necessarily mean having to pay royalties, just ensuring the correct owner is identified. Royalties may come into it if that's agreed pre-production. 

Him asking for photos of peoples guns is actually a relatively smart move here, as then he would have full permission from the IP owner to use the images, and to agree how they are or aren't referenced.

A monetised channel then relies on how the ads play, as well as being tiered based on subscribers, how much of the adverts they watch or if they skip, and how much overall videos the subscribers watch. It's a weirdly complex model. 

24 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist. By saying you're not a gun activist wouldn't mean you may not be seen as one. The advice I believe is partly be careful what you share, as it could be mis-interpreted. (or in some peoples cases, interpreted correctly)

I will only be sharing what is readily available for anyone to find I'll be as clear as possible

26 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

Actually, you could get better credit by explaining the nature of FAC ammo, that it depends on what the purpose is you have your firearms for, and what quantities you may need. The fact it varies on a case by case example shows that forces limit the amount of ammo allowed to the purpose it's been licenced for. That way you don't need to know quantities, but explains why you can't answer "how much".

Yes I did plan on saying that It was on case to case basis

That is a better idea though thank you 

39 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

Him asking for photos of peoples guns is actually a relatively smart move here, as then he would have full permission from the IP owner to use the images, and to agree how they are or aren't referenced.

I'm glad someone can see that. 

I wasn't asking for any bad reason 

30 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

Lee, I am going to step out of this conversation now. I have attempted to give you the full benefit of the doubt to this point, and some of the comments have come to you with concern from people who have shot longer than I've lived and range from good shots to triple A shooters. 

If you have specific additional questions I'd suggest a new topic with explicit new questions that you can't find an answer to following a google/bing/AskJeeves search, and like your other thread you may find people are happy to answer. 

As for this one, with no finger pointing, it's degraded to a point I am stepping out of it. I'd ask maybe you take the higher ground on this one and let this thread naturally conclude, and hope maybe others do likewise. It's not good for the sport or forum, we are all here for the love and passion of this amazing sport. 

I just would just like to thank you on conducting yourself professionally while speaking to me 

I will open another thread if needed but I've got plenty of information here to digest first 

I hope you don't mean I've been degrading and if I have I am sorry for that I've tried my best to be as polite as possible 

This will be my last message on this thread as you are right and my question has been answered

Sorry if I've upset anyone hope you've all had a good Christmas and have a better new year