Budget cartridges

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Simply buy the cheapest you can find!   :good:

This. I really don’t know the prices of cartridges as I just pay up for those I prefer. 

9 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Super fast or Eley Ambers , tried velocity found them dirty and punchy 

I know everyone is different, but a mate tried the Amber cartridges  through his XS Pro and found them to be a bit punchy. Mind you, he was on a sim’ day at the time. 

24 minutes ago, Scully said:

This. I really don’t know the prices of cartridges as I just pay up for those I prefer. 

I know everyone is different, but a mate tried the Amber cartridges  through his XS Pro and found them to be a bit punchy. Mind you, he was on a sim’ day at the time. 

Had them through my sxs today no issue but as you say each is different 

Just now, sam triple said:

Had them through my sxs today no issue but as you say each is different 

Eley have become one of my favourite manufacturers, and I’d like to try them, but at the time bought a few slabs of their Pigeon Select as I had a bit of decoying planned. 
The XS Pro is a heavy ish gun so his remarks surprised me, but in his defence he did get through over 300 of them on that day! 🙂

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Eley have become one of my favourite manufacturers, and I’d like to try them, but at the time bought a few slabs of their Pigeon Select as I had a bit of decoying planned. 
The XS Pro is a heavy ish gun so his remarks surprised me, but in his defence he did get through over 300 of them on that day! 🙂

300 of anything over a day would be testing 

Hello, had a trawl through the cartridge discounters like just carts and cheapest £230/40 7.5 28g plastic, I would consider getting together with you shooting friends and buy in bulk, Buy 10,000 from Just Carts for discount and free delivery, oh you could drop a 1000 off to me 🤔😁

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

when i used them ...they had to be ordered well in advance....and even then you didnt always get the number you ordered....i used a 28g plastic wad true #7....they did what they said on the tin at a good price

I have used the blue case Jocker 28g no7 when Bywell shooting ground stocked them - great decoying cartridges. Spanish Trust cartridges in the 28g no7 are also a great budget cartridge.