Budget cartridges

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Ex Farmer 11 said:

Thanks for all your replies guys. Looking around local to me I’ve seen the Fiocchi lite speed 26g 8’s seems reasonably priced. Has anyone used them? 

think Motty uses Fiocchi.....dont get any complaints from him.........propberly got shares in them the ammont he uses..

50 minutes ago, Ex Farmer 11 said:

Thanks for all your replies guys. Looking around local to me I’ve seen the Fiocchi lite speed 26g 8’s seems reasonably priced. Has anyone used them? 

I bought a 1000 of them in 26g plastic 8's last time I bought cartridges. Every one of them went bang and hit everything I pointed the gun at but I had about 3 in 1000 that seemed to skip over the ejector after firing jamming the gun. Needed to disassemble the gun and push a rod through the barrel to get them out. A bit inconvenient having to walk back to the car to sort the issue out each time.

I've tried a few different budget cartridges and only the litespeeds had that issue.

On 28/12/2021 at 21:22, Ex Farmer 11 said:

Haven't used litespeeds, but if you can afford the few extra quid for the FBlu's you won't regret it; the shot has 5% antimony in it, so quarter choke will convincingly break clays out to 35-40 yards. Cracking cartridge for the money. 

I would suggest a cheapie that’s widely available - you can more easily repeat purchase if you like it. If it becomes your ‘confidence cartridge’ it’s a shame if you can’t find the same again. For what it’s worth, I personally really like Gamebore’s ‘evo’ in 24 gram 8s. They are £235 or so. About £10 more gets you 28 gram loads if that’s your thing. Others will have their favourite cheapie and they will all break clays. 

On 28/12/2021 at 22:06, Charliedog said:

eley select plastics £53 a slab, really good budget cartridge, my lad gets great breaks through 3/8 chokes, if I wasnt such a snob I would use them

Hello, about the cheapest 28g 7.5s you can buy at present, a Cartridge snob !! that's a new one on P W 🤔😁

On 29/12/2021 at 02:12, decoy1979 said:

Get yourself to Clarkes of Walsham (or they'll deliver) and try "the Clarkes Cartridge" it's Fibre 28grm 7.5 shot @ £209.28 per thousand, loaded by hull and for how softly they shoot I'd say based on the Comp X and I've found they break clays pretty well to.

Hello, better than Just Carts, ??

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Looking around local to me I’ve seen the Fiocchi lite speed 26g 8’s seems reasonably priced. Has anyone used them? 

Bought a couple of thousand (plastic and fibre) - halfway through them. No problems at all. A mate has used some through his auto - faultless. I wanted 8s and these were cheaper than Kent, Gamebore, Eley or Lyalvale. If they remain the same price, I will buy more.

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, about the cheapest 28g 7.5s you can buy at present, a Cartridge snob !! that's a new one on P W 🤔😁

Hello, better than Just Carts, ??

Hi, I don't know tbh having never used just cartridges, I'm in East Anglia so close enough to just call in and stock up.

1 minute ago, decoy1979 said:

Hi, I don't know tbh having never used just cartridges, I'm in East Anglia so close enough to just call in and stock up.

Hello, that sounds good , about 45 minutes to JCs or more with traffic, next time your in the shop could you ask how many Clarke's own brand I would need to buy for free delivery and maybe a reduction in price , 

42 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, that sounds good , about 45 minutes to JCs or more with traffic, next time your in the shop could you ask how many Clarke's own brand I would need to buy for free delivery and maybe a reduction in price , 

Why not ring them when they are back?

01359 259 555

There own brand FIBRE 7 1/2s are currently listed at £209.28 per thousand

They are my local gunshop's cheap cartridge. I've used probably 5000 and rate them highly. 

They sound interesting. Would like to try them, but seem to live in Eley and Hull country. Not that I’m complaining, I like them both, but intrigued by 26 gram 8s. Isn’t cartridge buying like being a child in a sweet shop…..?
….🙂

Am I the only one using Cheddite?

based purely on price and availability as the importer is only 15 mins up the road from one of our shooting grounds

Universal trap 7.5s 28gm 12g fibre £221/1000 but we get cheaper as we usually get 5k or 10k a time and split between a few of us

53 minutes ago, Diver One said:

based purely on price and availability as the importer is only 15 mins up the road from one of our shooting grounds

Universal trap 7.5s 28gm 12g fibre £221/1000 but we get cheaper as we usually get 5k or 10k a time and split between a few of us

Perhaps you are - most of aren’t next door to the importer (?!). Hopefully they’ll become more mainstream nationally. 

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

Nothing wrong with Cheddite, have used lots in the past, but Eley are on my doorstep.