Violent squirrel attacks 18 people

Rookandrabbit

Don’t know if anyone saw this but it is in the Daily star and express. A grey squirrel which had been treated as a pet has been biting people and attacking domestic pets in Buckley North Wales. Maybe it will make members of the public realise that the grey squirrel is an invasive pest harbouring disease and can cause humans injuries. Less anthropomorphism and more realisation of what they actually are wild animals. Maybe the shooting organisations could run with this and highlight the true problems they cause.

They got their just desserts for semi taming the tree rat in the first place.  Stupid people about who will never accept that hese animals are aliens to this country and do untold damage to other wildlife and fauna.  Have a woman in this village who thinks 'Fluffy' is lovely. Well, I don't think she is seeing Fluffy quite as often as before as this year I have terminated over a hundred in and around her property boundary.

Edited by Walker570

6 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

They got their just desserts for semi taming the tree rat in the first place.  Stupid people about who will never accept that hese animals are aliens to this country and do untold damage to other wildlife and fauna.  Have a woman in this village who thinks 'Fluffy' is lovely. Well, I don't think she is seeing Fluffy quite as often as before as this year I have terminated over a hundred in and around her property boundary.

tell her they have a desease...........lead poisoning.........if she catches you and asks you "what do you feel when you pull the trigger on a fluffy wuffy"........

just say ...."recoil"

Edited by ditchman

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I seem to be surrounded by the stupids?

1 hour ago, Sciurus said:

The lady who tried to tame the grey, has now started a go fund me page to pay the £110 vets bill to euthanise the squirrel ! - Oh the irony!😂

I know the cost of cartridges has gone up But I can buy a slab of 410s for under a 100 quid.

it’s a flipping tree rodent for flips sake !

the world has gone truly bonkers 

Welllll  this morning dawned bright and sunny and sat in one of my IBC hides covering a feeder (Pear Tree) where I have shot a fair few over the years.  Last night when out foxing I had a quick look and the feeder had been used so was sure I would get customers. Sat there till 10am and NOTHING shot NOTHING so went home tail between legs.

Try another feeder in the morning, last chance to add to my annual cull.. I'm a little short of my New Years resolution of one a day  and the score stands at 6.8 a week as of this moment.  As my headmaster said when I was seen gazing out of the window .... "He is somewhere else beyond this room".    I had some 500 acres of farmland to roam in back then which tended to over ride all education or attempts at.

Edited by Walker570

Screenshot_20211230-225919_Gallery.jpg.88bd0c049439ddf77be029d4f1fbaa8e.jpg

They walk among us, we were in Chester today and right by the very nice Cathedral was a massive dove house, full of feral pigeons, but it gets better, there was a woman filling trays with water( it rained all day) and throwing food around while talking to the birds. It was like a scene from Home alone 2

She then threw some food to the squirrels and shouted at them when they started fighting over the food.

This story made my day particularly this part.

'

Mrs Reynolds said she knew something had to be done and thought "because I knew him, (😨) I knew I was likely to catch him".

"I only left the trap near the area I normally feed him for 20 minutes, and he was in," she added.

"I felt he did trust me, and I betrayed him." (😇)