Dog pee'd on carpet.

samboy

Hi gang.

My Lurcher came into my bedroom this morning which he has never done before. Poor little thing was busting for a pee.

Got downstairs to let him out. Too late a stream of pee across bedroom carpet and landing.

He had tried to get out of the living room because the blinds were moved.

So hoovered up what i could and have just ordered some urine off from Amazon. 

All part of dog ownership i suppose. He's 12 now so it must be harder for him to hold it. 

Never mind i love him dearly.

My eldest dog is approaching 12, recently due to injury to his herniated prostate and urethra he loses some control of his bladder when he’s asleep. He drinks non-stop (or until the water is removed) and when he urinates properly it is bucket loads. I have him shut up in the dog room so mopping up the small leak in the morning is no big issue. I should have him put down really as he seems to find it distressing to wet himself and his bed, but he is still a good worker and has put in a good shift.

5 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

My eldest dog is approaching 12, recently due to injury to his herniated prostate and urethra he loses some control of his bladder when he’s asleep. He drinks non-stop (or until the water is removed) and when he urinates properly it is bucket loads. I have him shut up in the dog room so mopping up the small leak in the morning is no big issue. I should have him put down really as he seems to find it distressing to wet himself and his bed, but he is still a good worker and has put in a good shift.

You can buy a "belly band" for dogs. It usually fits round with a velcro fastener and you put a ladies towel or tena towel in them.

They are also useful if you have a dog that is resisting house training due to scent marking as they get no satisfaction from trying to scent mark. You just remove the band regularly when you take them outside.

A plastic Atlas crate with the removable perforated plastic floor combined with Vetbed which allows liquid to drain through will keep him dryer.

7122158PL.jpg

Edited by loriusgarrulus

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

You can buy a "belly band" for dogs. It usually fits round with a velcro fastener and you put a ladies towel or tena towel in them.

They are also useful if you have a dog that is resisting house training due to scent marking as they get no satisfaction from trying to scent mark. You just remove the band regularly when you take them outside.

A plastic Atlas crate with the removable perforated plastic floor combined with Vetbed which allows liquid to drain through will keep him dryer.

7122158PL.jpg

Good idea and good suggestions, will have a think 👍