Just coming into the sport....

Andrew1874

58 minutes ago, cardigun said:

Smudger 687.  The chamber nissmatch in a 3 1/2" chamber, can be overcome if you use Hull Superfast Pigeon. They have two felt wads between the powder and the shot, which easily overcomes the blow- by.

Thanks @cardigun - Unfortunately I don't have any opportunities to shoot pigeons, and the live birds I do shoot are shot with steel, so felt wads becomes a bit moot.

Do you know if there's a double felt wad clay cartridge available?

Smudger687, I have used my auto on Wildfowl, but only using 3" cartridges with non lead, which had plastic wads. You can use lead for Clays, but fibre probably won't obturate in a 3 1/2" chamber unless you use the double wad cartridge.. The Hull Super fast pigeon will certainly break clays, but may not be within the Rules for Registered Grounds ?  I don't know much about Clay shooting.

On 17/01/2022 at 11:17, cardigun said:

The Hull Super fast pigeon will certainly break clays, but may not be within the Rules for Registered Grounds ?

Maximum is 28g almost everywhere, and certainly at registered grounds. So that would rule them out at 29g.

Shot size would be too large at most places too. They tend to stick to 7.5 as a maximum these days, even though 6 is still legal under CPSA rules.