Ghislaine Maxwell

Gordon R

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is 60 I believe. 

I doubt any 'singing' would reduce the sentence by much; singing after the verdict is returned is rather closing the door after the horse has bolted.  If it was reduced from the possible maximum stated above of 60 years (I have also seen 40 suggested) by say 50%, it is still likely to be all or most of the rest of her life inside.

The lawyers will have made a lot in this trial, and will make a lot more on any appeal.  I am assuming that a whole raft of civil cases for 'compensation' and 'damages' may now arise - if she has any apparent money to be claimed?

I suspect she withheld names, as she might have got lucky and been acquitted. I have almost zero knowledge of the USA legal system, but think she might well get a reduced sentence in exchange for names. In addition, she could be given a "nicer" jail.

If she names people, her life might well be at risk, but I think anyone would prefer to be looking over their shoulder outside prison, rather than actually in prison. One way or another, I would be surprised if she is still in jail in 5 years time.

44 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I would strongly suspect most of that would be out of reach to the authorities and already transferred or gifted to others. 

I heard on the radio that the aggrieved parties were paid out a long time ago, a point made by one of their lawyers when asked if it was all about the money. So who knows? 

36 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

what did she get from the situation

She had been 'brought up' with a VERY arrogant bullying father (Robert Maxwell) as his favourite offspring - and he  spent freely (other peoples money as it turned out) and they had a lavish lifestyle, stately home outside Oxford, private ocean going yacht (called the Lady Ghislaine) - a very rich lifestyle - all paid for by his employees pensions funds - which he stole and spent.

When "it" all hit the fan after his mysterious disappearance/suicide when it must have been clear to him that the writing was on the walland he was about to be found out  ...... she risked loosing all that.  But she was clever and manipulative - and had a very full address/contact book of 'high society' and wealthy contacts - Prince Andrew and others - and she had inherited her father's devious skills in getting what she wanted, legal or otherwise.  She found Epstein (who had no contacts or 'social set skills') and it seems that he paid all the bills and provided the ultra lavish jet set lifestyle she wanted - and she in return introduced Epstein to 'society' and 'contacts' where he could make money.  At least that is what everyone thought at the time.  It seems that she was also introducing him to the victims of this court case.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I haven’t really followed this one very closely , but , what did she get from the situation ?,  did she get some kind of pervy sexual pleasure from it ?,  or was she in it for money / status etc ?. 

shares in a international ginger organisation....import/export.......HQ in Tipton UK i believe

22 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

She had been 'brought up' with a VERY arrogant bullying father (Robert Maxwell) as his favourite offspring - and he  spent freely (other peoples money as it turned out) and they had a lavish lifestyle, stately home outside Oxford, private ocean going yacht (called the Lady Ghislaine) - a very rich lifestyle - all paid for by his employees pensions funds - which he stole and spent.

When "it" all hit the fan after his mysterious disappearance/suicide when it must have been clear to him that the writing was on the walland he was about to be found out  ...... she risked loosing all that.  But she was clever and manipulative - and had a very full address/contact book of 'high society' and wealthy contacts - Prince Andrew and others - and she had inherited her father's devious skills in getting what she wanted, legal or otherwise.  She found Epstein (who had no contacts or 'social set skills') and it seems that he paid all the bills and provided the ultra lavish jet set lifestyle she wanted - and she in return introduced Epstein to 'society' and 'contacts' where he could make money.  At least that is what everyone thought at the time.  It seems that she was also introducing him to the frvictims of this court case.

I already knew of her fathers vile history , and suppose that it makes sense that she wanted to keep hold of her lavish lifestyle , no matter how low she had to sink.

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

shares in a international ginger organisation....import/export.......HQ in Tipton UK i believe

For some reason,  that reminded me of parcels that I used to send to a mate. I'd wrap the parcels (snare pegs), in the shape of a large marital aid , and send them to his address , adding , managing director , gay and proud sex toys limited , and id post them signed for so that he had the pleasure of the postman smirking as he signed for the parcels 😂