Ghislaine Maxwell

Gordon R

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I see the garbage that Maxwell and Andrew come up with, I worry about who advises them. It appears to me that whoever is on the jury would not be kindly disposed towards them.

It's a free country and as one top USA jockey said "It's litigation suicide", in the case of Andrew.

On 20/01/2022 at 09:20, Gordon R said:

When I see the garbage that Maxwell and Andrew come up with, I worry about who advises them. It appears to me that whoever is on the jury would not be kindly disposed towards them.

It's a free country and as one top USA jockey said "It's litigation suicide", in the case of Andrew.

Having lived in the States and seen the way cases are blasted all over the TV BEFORE the trial I would say the whole thing will be a farce.

Witnesses are interviewed in depth by news networks BEFORE the trial as are police, coroners etc and it all goes out on the news.

Absolute shambles and no hint of a fair trial. Remember, the police are elected, the district attorney is elected, the judge is often elected (or appointed by someone elected) and they are playing for votes and grandstanding in front of the cameras. 

The American legal system is not like ours, don't think for a minute it is possible to compare the two.

Can't disagree Vince. It seems to me that Giuffre's team are more in tune with the law and public opinion than Andrew's lot.

After reading that Andrew has no medical records to support his "no sweat" claim, I read that his team think any request to see his records would be intrusive and irrelevant. This from the team that want to interview Giuffre's husband and her shrink. 

Bizarre.

Edited by Gordon R

• 5 months later...

Gordon RGordon R

• Members
    • Posted July 6, 2020
    •  
    • Feel free to admit your error when she starts blabbing.

Meeting Jeffrey Epstein 'biggest regret of my life', says Ghislaine Maxwell as she is jailed for 20 years (msn.com)

20 year sentence......still not squealing.....😉

Edited by Mickeydredd

On 31/12/2021 at 21:40, scolopax said:

With all these ‘survivors’, who died? 

and if no one died, how can they be survivors?

are these young women who provided the evidence now going to prosecuted themselves for prostitution? After all, none of them were forced into it and all no doubt made a pile of money from their encounters with Epstein.  

whole thing is a travesty. 

If a plane crashes awfully and no one dies are those people not survivors of a plane crash? Why do others have to die? 

Re calling children prostitutes, one of the biggest errors that allowed the abuse of hundreds / thousands of children in the U.K. in Rotherham and other areas was the total ignorance to the fact these children were groomed and exploited. 

Many Police officers and investigators said they were ‘prostituting themselves’ and made similar statements to yourself. 

That viewpoint was massively criticised and it was recognised that these children are victims of Child Sexual Exploitation.

Edited by Lloyd90

1 hour ago, Mickeydredd said:

Gordon RGordon R

• Members
    • Posted July 6, 2020
    •  
    • Feel free to admit your error when she starts blabbing.

Meeting Jeffrey Epstein 'biggest regret of my life', says Ghislaine Maxwell as she is jailed for 20 years (msn.com)

20 year sentence......still not squealing.....😉

20 years eh !....quite a bit less than predicted...........you suggesting she has done a deal and this story has legs ?

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

20 years eh !....quite a bit less than predicted...........you suggesting she has done a deal and this story has legs ?

Nope, just reminding Gordon of his rather bold statement 😉 

My position is that she will not name names.  Her and Epstein allegedly had concrete evidence with which to blackmail their way to teflon status, I believe it is too late for them both, Epstein especially obviously, to use the evidence (videos/black book/etc).  I also think that blackmail was Epstein's plan and have always been of the view that Maxwell would not blab, it is not the family way.

Edited by Mickeydredd

5 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

My position is that she will not name names.  Her and Epstein allegedly had concrete evidence with which to blackmail their way to teflon status, I believe it is too late for them both, Epstein especially obviously, to use the evidence (videos/black book/etc).  I also think that blackmail was Epstein's plan and have always been of the view that Maxwell would not blab, it is not the family way.

I would think if the blackmail evidence did exist it would implicate them both more than the usual my solicitor instructed me to answer that with no comment and I was a victim as well !

but the old saying money and power corrupts!

Suspect there are a few that are sweating watching where this goes next !

Agriv8 

Whilst I totally agree with the sentence passed on to her . I still find it sickening that the fat odious piece of scum that is prince Andrew has managed to weasel his yellow skin out of any prosecution . All in all I would have been much happier seeing in him in prison as well.

My position is that she will not name names.

I think you need to read what you write.  You remind me of my "rather bold statement", which it isn't. It was merely my opinion at that time, whereas yours is exactly the same. Why the dig? Beats me.

1 hour ago, Jega said:

Whilst I totally agree with the sentence passed on to her . I still find it sickening that the fat odious piece of scum that is prince Andrew has managed to weasel his yellow skin out of any prosecution . All in all I would have been much happier seeing in him in prison as well.

So would Laura Kunesberg. 

She stated yesterday that R. Kelly has just received a 30 year sentence for exactly the same crimes as Andrew. 
I’m assuming she isn’t a fan. 🙂

She must have a greatly increased sense of freedom now she’s retired! 

I still dont believe that Virginia Roberts was the sweet innocent victim in all of this, as she portrays herself. Why would Epstein and Maxwell go to all that trouble to entrap and corrupt her when New York was full of professional call girls available 24/7.on speed dial.

I believe she knew exactly what she was getting into and is now making millions out of it.

40 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I believe she knew exactly what she was getting into and is now making millions out of it.

I'm inclined to agree. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

She stated yesterday that R. Kelly has just received a 30 year sentence for exactly the same crimes as Andrew.

The R. Kelly is somewhat different; he appears to have actively 'groomed' victims, of which there were many, some as young as 13.  PA (very foolishly and assuming he was guilty) made use of the services of a 'call girl' provided for him by Epstein/Maxwell who was I believe legal age in the UK. 

I don't think Guiffre has made herself out to be an innocent victim. She has said she is ashamed of her part in recruiting others.

It seems hard to credit that at a very young age, she was calculating enough to become willingly and knowingly involved, whilst thinking ahead to a time when she could extract money from Epstein and Maxwell.

Just now, Gordon R said:

It seems hard to credit that at a very young age, she was calculating enough to become willingly and knowingly involved, whilst thinking ahead to a time when she could extract money from Epstein and Maxwell.

I'm guessing of course, but I guess that at the time Epstein/Maxwell paid reasonably compared to say working on a supermarket till etc, and also gave the 'jet set' lifestyle of travel, fancy clothes, exclusive clubs and Caribbean islands etc.  I think the main 'cashing in' came MUCH later - very possibly skilfully managed by lawyers anxious for a big slice of the loot.

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I think you need to read what you write.  You remind me of my "rather bold statement", which it isn't. It was merely my opinion at that time, whereas yours is exactly the same. Why the dig? Beats me.

Actually, the part of your previous post that I quote below was not your opinion, rather it was a bold statement that you were right in stating Maxwell would sing and I was wrong (hence my "error" in stating my opinion that Maxwell would not blab) and that I should offer an apology when  I am proved wrong, which seemed rather odd.

I'm merely pointing out that thus far, my opinion appears to be valid.  Our opinions are polar opposites on whether Maxwell will blab.

"Feel free to admit your error when she starts blabbing."

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I still dont believe that Virginia Roberts was the sweet innocent victim in all of this, as she portrays herself.

I believe that she actively recruited girls for Epstein too, so surely she is as guilty as Maxwell....perhaps that is why she appears reluctant to travel to the USA.

Edited by Mickeydredd

so surely she is as guilty as Mawell

I assume you mean Maxwell. Don't bother with a trial and hearing evidence. Let's move straight to a guilty verdict.

Perhaps you could cite my "bold opinion" when the dust has settled on Maxwell. There is some way to go - appeal, potential transfer to a UK prison, assaults on Maxwell in her US jail etc. etc.. 

Bit of a theme here. You have an alarming tendency to jump to conclusions.

As for the assertion that Guiffre is reluctant to travel to the USA - just a bit wide of the mark. Andrew's legal team tried to use that view. It didn't succeed. It was accepted that she is a USA resident.