Marshman will be pleased.

JDog

Today I just went for a look, plus kit of course. There are pigeons everywhere, it's just a matter of right time right place.

One place that I haven't been able to shoot due to lack of wind had a few pigeons on and a few more arriving so I gave it a go.

I had to park on a verge next to a road and in order to avoid a repetition of the curious policeman I left a note on the dashboard. 

Odd birds came and were dealt with then groups of twenty or so arrived from a long way away. The last lot swooped by and I took three from the pack with separate shots.

Possibly due to the extreme excitement of this I began to feel decidedly unwell and having forgotten my phone for the first time in ages I decided that discretion was required so I packed up and went home. My wife is about to administer a covid 19 test on me.

The bag was twelve pigeons. 20211231_162427.jpg.f8ccc2004b4c2d8aa7d2b0cb0f346f80.jpg

That piece of good news have certainly made my day , although Mr JDog  you believe in cutting it a bit fine when I predicted you would achieve the triple by the end of the year . Well done , it was only going to be a matter of time .

The good news had the shine taken off it when you told us you wasn't feeling to good , over the last year we have a little laugh from time to time with never no malice intended , feeling unwell with all what is going on around us is no laughing matter, and I am sure not only me but the majority of members who follow your exploits regarding Pigeon shooting wish you a speedy recovery and hope you have no lasting effects .

All the very best for the New Year to not only you and your good lady but all the Pigeon Watch members up and down the country :drinks:

As Marshman said, it was only a matter of time before you achieved a triple, so well done on that.

I sincerely trust that your ailment is not too serious and that you’ll be posting more details of your exploits (afield that is) in the near future.

Happy New Year to you and yours and to all PW members of course.

OB

21 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done, I hope you are fine.
I had results from my PCR test  today “ positive” so the pigeons are safe for a few more days!!!

Sorry to hear that PC.

My test was negative thankfully. However the pain I experienced when my wife pushed the probe through my nose and into the meninges of my brain was something else.

17 minutes ago, JDog said:

Sorry to hear that PC.

My test was negative thankfully. However the pain I experienced when my wife pushed the probe through my nose and into the meninges of my brain was something else.

just a point to think about JD.......i used to use my A303 and give my SXS a rest..(or me a rest)........sometimes the auto used to give me gun blast..made me feel off colour with flu like symptoms...very similar when i was firing .357 in a booth at the range....

57 minutes ago, ditchman said:

just a point to think about JD.......i used to use my A303 and give my SXS a rest..(or me a rest)........sometimes the auto used to give me gun blast..made me feel off colour with flu like symptoms...very similar when i was firing .357 in a booth at the range....

When I shot in the summer with Bunny_Blaster he managed 600 in the centre of the field and I had 200 in the shade. That night I was really  groggy and put it down to inhaling cartridge fumes???

2 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

I had results from my PCR test  today “ positive” so the pigeons are safe for a few more days!!!

Sorry to hear about your test results , are you feeling ill with having the virus , or would you had known you had it without being tested ? , the reason I asked was my next door neighbour's wife is off with the virus and is only mildly ill , and another chap I know have got it with no symptoms at all 

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Sorry to hear that PC.

Glad you have got the all clear , I had that probing test at the hospital  before I went in for my minor op , the test made my eyes water and was worse than the three jabs put together , mind you I am a bit of a wimp :good: 

22 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Sorry to hear about your test results , are you feeling ill with having the virus , or would you had known you had it without being tested ? , the reason I asked was my next door neighbour's wife is off with the virus and is only mildly ill , and another chap I know have got it with no symptoms at all 

Glad you have got the all clear , I had that probing test at the hospital  before I went in for my minor op , the test made my eyes water and was worse than the three jabs put together , mind you I am a bit of a wimp :good: 

I have very mild symptoms just like a light cold with a runny nose, I’ve been shooting feeling worse in the past. 
The only good thing is that prior to inoculation it was a possible death sentence for my age group, gulp!!!!!!

2 hours ago, JDog said:

Glad you've got the all-clear.  I wouldn't let my mrs do the test on me.  She's a sadistic cow with things like that; last time I needed a blackthorn digging out from a place I couldn't manage on my own it was like she was trying to remove my entire hand with a needle, and all the time with a menacing half-smile on her face.....

13 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

I have very mild symptoms just like a light cold with a runny nose, I’ve been shooting feeling worse in the past. 
The only good thing is that prior to inoculation it was a possible death sentence for my age group, gulp!!!!!!

Hope you don't have a rough ride through it PC 😐

3 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

Sorry to hear that PC - advice from my wife is - plenty fluids and keep taking paracetamol even if you feel you don’t need them. You will just have to sit it out - feet up and Netflix on.

2 minutes ago, the hitman said:

Sorry to hear that PC - advice from my wife is - plenty fluids and keep taking paracetamol even if you feel you don’t need them. You will just have to sit it out - feet up and Netflix on.

PC will not know what Netflix is. Old copies of Angling Times would be more suitable.

6 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

Glad you've got the all-clear.  I wouldn't let my mrs do the test on me.  She's a sadistic cow with things like that; last time I needed a blackthorn digging out from a place I couldn't manage on my own it was like she was trying to remove my entire hand with a needle, and all the time with a menacing half-smile on her face.....

Hope you don't have a rough ride through it PC 😐

I had a Blackthorn that only pierced my arm and that was bad enough , the veins in my arm turned Black and the throbbing pain was something else , after a few hours rest and taking a couple of co codamol it slowly eased up and I didn't have to go to A + E .

Your wife certainly need a good talking to Jim , far better if she used a knife and not a darning needle , mind you , I dare say she done her best , bless her :lol: .

On 01/01/2022 at 20:48, marsh man said:

I had a Blackthorn that only pierced my arm and that was bad enough , the veins in my arm turned Black and the throbbing pain was something else , after a few hours rest and taking a couple of co codamol it slowly eased up and I didn't have to go to A + E .

Your wife certainly need a good talking to Jim , far better if she used a knife and not a darning needle , mind you , I dare say she done her best , bless her :lol: .

Wow I've never had a reaction that bad to a blackthorn... must have been a bit worrying!

If her "best" was attempted murder then I'm sure you're right 😵