Weihrauch hw66 Jagdmatch

LV98

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased my first rifle, its a second hand weihrauch hw66 Jagdmatch in .22lr with a 22 inch barrel. I understand that I probably should have asked this before buying the rifle, what have peoples experiences been like using these rifles?

31 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I have one in 17 Hornet, build quality is secind to none they are superb.  I would advise chopping yours to 16 inches, it will be far handier.

I was thinking about going for one with a 16 inch barrel, but I intend to use the rifle mostly for standing target shooting and find that the extra weight helps with stability. Can't wait to take it to the range, just waiting on a scope and mounts to be delivered. Out of curiosity do you use yours for hunting?

20 hours ago, LV98 said:

Thank you for you input. I have to admit comparing the Weihrauch with CZ rimfires, it felt better finished and the trigger is much better. However that is probably to be expected considering the approximately 2 fold price difference.

Dont compare it to cz , weihrauch are on a par with anschutz 

9 hours ago, B&W FOX said:

I've got one in 22 Hornet.

Came with a standard and jagdmatch stock both of which I like but I've now got it in a chassis 

20210420_192812.jpg

That's a very nice setup, didn't know they did chassis stocks for these rifles. Can't wait for my scope to arrive so I can see how the rifle it performs.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I was having a closer look at the rifle an noticed the front end of the stock makes contact with the barrel is this intended or should it be free floating? Also I removed the action from the stock and noticed there are no metal tubes around the action screws like there are in the production model. Is this how it is meant to be or is something missing? I hope I don't sound paranoid, it's just buying the rifle second hand there's always a chance something's wrong.