Excited for the morning

WalkedUp

My eldest is coming with me on a syndicate day tomorrow. He’s only six and so just done smaller walk about mornings thus far with me. He was pretty excited going to bed, I know that feeling. 20+ years later and I’m always excited going to sleep if I am shooting the next day, even if I shot the day before and the day before that. 

P.S. I know the boots aren’t clean, they are over a decade old and used daily. 

2AB7EBB3-7ED7-4D4C-AF7C-43A16089E101.jpeg

There's something about kids boots that just makes me smile, little miniature men's boots. 

Its pointless and meaningless without the exactment, without that its really is time to look at doing something else. 

Im sure you will have a brill day, the weather looks good so its a bonus. 

Thank you for the kind messages. A fantastic day. Photographs I took from the first drive, four of us shooting. Will send full report once kit is sorted. 

6FBE8F5A-B6B4-4AD2-A809-4B417CCC6921.jpeg

1DC861AE-6DD9-41AE-B425-E9D9BB452861.jpeg

19 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

@WalkedUp I sincerely hope you both have a fantastic day! I’m out tomorrow too with my 7 year old girl and much the same as you with the excitement 😁 have a good one 👍🏻

How did you and your daughter get on? 

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Thank you for the kind messages. A fantastic day. Photographs I took from the first drive, four of us shooting. Will send full report once kit is sorted. 

6FBE8F5A-B6B4-4AD2-A809-4B417CCC6921.jpeg

1DC861AE-6DD9-41AE-B425-E9D9BB452861.jpeg

How did you and your daughter get on? 

We had a fantastic day thank you, she decided spending the day on peg with dad wasn’t for her today and would prefer to go beating so off she went, the lady she accompanied took some good photos for me too and it looks like she loved every minute. I managed a couple of absolutely cracking ducks and a really good pheasant that had eluded 4 or 6 shots along the line, all eyes on me due to being the last on its flight path, I missed with the first barrel but folded it stone dead in the air with the second shot, much to my relief! I’m yet to shoot a partridge but I’m back there again at the end of the month so fingers crossed. 

19A2C96F-53E3-4D88-86C4-34434FF6A3F1.jpeg

CDCDC118-852B-47B4-A2F4-456275D5E270.jpeg

FE5D09B1-FCD7-48AB-9BBB-76920A6C7066.jpeg

56623171-4156-4BB4-8527-B787B52079B1.jpeg

Great photographs and good shooting. Best of luck with the hunt for the elusive partridge. I’ve shot quite a few but early season, the land up here just doesn’t hold them. I’m glad your daughter enjoyed the day, walking is more fun than standing still! We are a walked up syndicate with some semi driven drives, which suits me. 

1 hour ago, JDog said:

That little girl had the time of her life. Just wait until she tells her classmates.

She most certainly did…..she also volunteered us to go beating in two weeks time 🤣. I could hardly say no after her and the ladies had discussed the required amount of sausage rolls and cakes. 

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Great photographs and good shooting. Best of luck with the hunt for the elusive partridge. I’ve shot quite a few but early season, the land up here just doesn’t hold them. I’m glad your daughter enjoyed the day, walking is more fun than standing still! We are a walked up syndicate with some semi driven drives, which suits me. 

Thanks walked up, plenty of partridge where shown today I was just not in the best place for them and all seemed to go over other pegs…..my time will come 😁. I’m looking forward to reading your report too 

• 2 weeks later...

My 10 year old daughter comes shooting with me all the time she s mad for it she s driving me mad to take her beating,already got her on the 28 gauge she controls the dog on retrieves and dispatches the birds herself. Very proud of her she s just joined my local pigeon control club as a junior member. Again very proud