Tony Blair to be knighted

12gauge82

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe auld Liz is waiting to get him in front of her with a sword so she could accidentally behead him? To be fair to the Queen she's very old, her husbands not long died, her one son is hiding from a knuckle rapping for entertaining teenage girls, he grandson has married a loon who still hasn't had a bloody car crash and Charles is surely hiding round every corner and jumping out trying to scare her to death for his go on the big chair. She probably didn't even look at the list and rubber stamped it.

"One doesn't give a monkeys about these unwashed oiks and philanderers give then whatever shiny they want and make sure they don't steal anything on the way out."

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Where did you get that information? 

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/honours

Cut and pasted from it :

Once The Queen has given her informal approval, letters are then sent to each nominee asking them whether they would be willing to accept the proposed award.

Once they have replied a final list is submitted to The Queen for formal approval.

The list is published in The London Gazette. The Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood at St James's Palace arranges investitures for the successful candidates.

Edited by Weihrauch17

14 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/honours

Cut and pasted from it :

Once The Queen has given her informal approval, letters are then sent to each nominee asking them whether they would be willing to accept the proposed award.

Once they have replied a final list is submitted to The Queen for formal approval.

The list is published in The London Gazette. The Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood at St James's Palace arranges investitures for the successful candidates.

Thankyou. 👍
So she’s just rubber stamping the suggestions of others, as usual. 
I wonder if she has ever not given her approval? 

Edited by Scully

19 minutes ago, Scully said:

Thankyou. 👍
So she’s just rubber stamping the suggestions of others, as usual. 
I wonder if she has ever not given her approval? 

So far I agree with this. From what Weihrauch17 posted she appears to be a figure head who gives token approval to a formal request. I would suggest it would likely be extraordinary for her to deny or even question a nomination submitted to her. 

Edited by 12gauge82

She has to give her formal approval that is a fact so she could have rejected him, we will never know who she has rejected and wouldn't have known if she had rejected Blair.  The fact she didn't doesn't do her any favours at all, to me at least and I am sure I won't be the only one.

Edited by Weihrauch17

35 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

She has to give her formal approval that is a fact so she could have rejected him, we will never know who she has rejected and wouldn't have known if she had rejected Blair.  The fact she didn't doesn't do her any favours at all, to me at least and I am sure I won't be the only one.

I think I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt; she’s a figurehead with no real power or influence of any significance really. 
I rather think that if she had ever given her formal disapproval we would have heard about it. 🙂

4 hours ago, mgsontour said:

I don't like Mr Blair but you have to take your hat off to him and don't forget his wife having an even better way of manipulating people; a very clever couple

Not at all. I take my hat off to how he seems devoid of any form of morality or sense of empathy, not to mention the couples total narcissistic attitude and thick skin. Any other person would hide themselves away out of shame for what they did, certainly not accept a knighthood. Absolutely vile human being! 

44 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Not at all. I take my hat off to how he seems devoid of any form of morality or sense of empathy, not to mention the couples total narcissistic attitude and thick skin. Any other person would hide themselves away out of shame for what they did, certainly not accept a knighthood. Absolutely vile human being! 

Couldn't agree more. The most devious, cheating, underhand, self serving and dishonourable PM we've had in my fairly long lifetime. Nothing to do with politics BTW, he's just utterly loathsome.

15 hours ago, Scully said:

Where did you get that information? 

Gov's own documents, only HM can put forward for Garter, Thistle, Merit, Victorian order and Victorian Chain as these are personal gifts of the Sovereign and not controlled by Committee or Government.

https://honours.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/about/orders-and-medals/

The Most Nobel Order of the Garter

The knights of the Garter are chosen personally by the Sovereign to honour those who have held public office, who have contributed in a particular way to national life or who have served the Sovereign personally. The Order is limited to 34 members.

The ‘Home Chapel’ of the Order is St George’s Chapel, Windsor

Edited by Stonepark

4 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Gov's own documents, only HM can put forward for Garter, Thistle, Merit, Victorian order and Victorian Chain as these are personal gifts of the Sovereign and not controlled by Committee or Government.

The knights of the Garter are chosen personally by the Sovereign to honour those who have held public office, who have contributed in a particular way to national life or who have served the Sovereign personally. The Order is limited to 34 members.

Ah well. There you go then, Madge is a bit of a numpty! 🙂

Thanks for the info’. 

9 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Did you just side-step another ban? 🤣🤣

Blair is evil personified, I'm absolutely gobsmacked.  Let's hope Lizzie slips with that sword....

it was ...errr let us say a tad too discriptive...of a much loved ex political figurers demise

18 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Absolutely vile human being. . . . I agree yet it doesn't detract from him being clever

11 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Well he certainly contributed in a way to public life didn't he?

Sorry to say HM slipped down in my estimation now.