Burnham

blankfirer

We have had it in Birmingham for some time, a good percentage of the fines for noncompliance have been council owned vehicles???

Talking to friends of mine the general opinion is that people do not go into the city, the people who it has hit are those who bought flats in the centre converted from offices and now are looking to sell with difficulty

On 08/01/2022 at 09:38, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the way I see it seems all city and town councils are trying to get more cash out of people's pockets which ever way they can, 

legalized theft TBH. You pay Tax when purchased, pay road tax, tax and duty on the fuel to run it - and then they come up with more cockamamie ways to get even more money - Mersey Tunnels to be free once costs recovered and then a convoluted sale is done to a foreign company of said same and the tolls remained. Runcorn crossing went from one free bridge to two tolled bridges (and in a way that lots of people miss the fact it is tolled and have the pain of having to deal with escalating costs) and again this is foreign companies.

With what I see happening in Liverpool, I foresee that it won't be long until this is applied there. I had to take the MIL to the hospital the other week, then got stuck in a traffic jam for an hour to get to the tunnel - this was at lunchtime. I bet they monitor the air quality at times like that to support their narrative. 

On 10/01/2022 at 08:40, discobob said:

legalized theft TBH. You pay Tax when purchased, pay road tax, tax and duty on the fuel to run it - and then they come up with more cockamamie ways to get even more money - Mersey Tunnels to be free once costs recovered and then a convoluted sale is done to a foreign company of said same and the tolls remained. Runcorn crossing went from one free bridge to two tolled bridges (and in a way that lots of people miss the fact it is tolled and have the pain of having to deal with escalating costs) and again this is foreign companies.

With what I see happening in Liverpool, I foresee that it won't be long until this is applied there. I had to take the MIL to the hospital the other week, then got stuck in a traffic jam for an hour to get to the tunnel - this was at lunchtime. I bet they monitor the air quality at times like that to support their narrative. 

Plus the bridge building company/council have yet to fulfil the promise to the local wildfowling club.