Who's a pretty boy then!

Accuspell

i have only ever seen one loan parrakeet in norfolk...proberly an escapee..........at least the good thing is ..they tend to be a flock bird....thus if controlled they will be easier to locate and dispatch.........i have heard they will invade peoples gardens / feeding sites and create total destruction....

we would like more infomation on this outing of yours please :good:..it is something we all need to be aware of ...

When I lived in Thurrock there used to be flocks of hundreds of these fly over. We used to get some land in the neighbours trees and they make a terrible racket. Since I moved further out from London I don't see them anymore. Glad to see someone getting rid of them, well done.

Old Man said he thought he had seen one in proximity to me here in the Midlands. They obviously sent out a scout who reported that the territory was hostile because I have not seen one up here YET.   We may need to add an annual kill on here eventually.

It does seem they are a bit dumb and ideal for air rifle control.

Edited by Walker570

Going against the grain from the majority on this thread , I would love to see the odd one in my garden , like my fellow county man ditchy I have only ever seen one ( Parrot ? ) and that was many , many years ago .

I heard this unfamiliar bird sound while I was Pigeon shooting around the base of a pylon in the middle of a field , when I strained my eyes I couldn't make out what it was due to being in the sun , I didn't give it much more thought then a few days later I was more or less in the same place when this bird making the same squawking sound came sailing into my decoys , it had long tail and mottled Grey and like ditchie's thought I recon it was an escapee , never did see it again and no it didn't end up at the game dealers :lol:  

21 hours ago, Accuspell said:

Getting everywhere. 2 hours one morning overlooking their gathering post with my old Rapid 12/200 Tyrolean.

Parakeets.01.web.jpg

Well done excellent result 👍

They certainly make a very sporting target when flighting them with a shotgun going to feed even more so if you get under a flight line back to roost