No Powder in Bioammo Lux Steel Carts

Just as a warning to anyone who has recently received any Bioammo Lux Steel, 32 gram no4 12 Bore carts from JustCartridges.  I have lot number 195012 and none of the cartridges have been charged with smokeless powder.

I was flighting ducks at a local river and I pulled the trigger.  I heard the primer go off and watched a squirt of shot come out of the muzzle like a low pressure hose pipe.  I checked the barrel and the wad was in the forcing cone.  I cut a length of hazel and used it to push the wad back out of the chamber end. Assumed it was a one off. Clear barrel, reload, same thing!

I’ve selected random cartridges from the slab and cut them open.  No powder in them.  I’m impressed with the pressure of the primer but livid at the Bioammo quality control…. I’ll be contacting JustCartridges when they open after the hols and will update this thread with the results.

Bernard

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, quality control had a day off when they were made.

Indeed, the loading machine if set correctly will stop if no correct powder charge is present and then so many within each lot are supposed to be test fired to comply with CIP.  Would never of happened if they were red cartridges 😂

looking like an expensive error for all involved, scrapping the entire lot, ouch.

Hello, looking at the importers web site Shooting Star they seem to produce cartridges , as well I presume importing direct from manufacture , in batches I presume so this may lead to 1000s with the same problem of no powder as shown with  Bernards post , I wonder how many importers customers like JC have received these faulty cartridges, I am sure JC will put this right but it does not bode well for Bio Ammo, 

3 hours ago, Bernard said:

Weighed two boxes.  All consistently within 10gn of each other and empty carts at that weight range.

2 hours ago, Bernard said:

Should clarify.  +\- 10gn.  So within about a gram and a half.  Can’t find one with powder in.

Does that mean that the missing powder weight has been made up with extra steel shot during the manufacturing process?

I actually have 3 slabs with the same offending lot number in 32g 3 shot. I sampled a shell from each slab and they all contained powder.

Possibly the powder supply on the assembly line was blocked temporarily but resolved itself without anyone realizing? Don't know, OP might just be a bit unlucky

6 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

I actually have 3 slabs with the same offending lot number in 32g 3 shot. I sampled a shell from each slab and they all contained powder.

Possibly the powder supply on the assembly line was blocked temporarily but resolved itself without anyone realizing? Don't know, OP might just be a bit unlucky

That’s interesting.  Wonder if anyone else with No 4 shot has an issue.

58 minutes ago, Bernard said:

That’s interesting.  Wonder if anyone else with No 4 shot has an issue.

What’s interesting is that how can two different cartridges, all be it probably only the shot size is different, be the same lot number when it reality they are different lots?

it should be impossible for the powder assembly line to block temporarily without anybody noticing on a properly setup automatic load machine.  Luck should play no part in the production of cartridges.

They would have had to stop production, to swap shot sizes.

Bioammo production procedures and quality control look to be very poor.