BARGAIN ON THE BAY

DUNKS

It does happen! Wifey said I could have a camera I have been looking for as a Christmas present.  Took a punt on a camera described as "excellent condition"  It was a reasonable price and offered returns. It came today, 

I am now the proud owner of a 36 year old Nikon F3 Possibly the best professional camera Nikon has ever made. The amazing bit is that the camera appears to never have been used. It really is as new. A rare beast indeed! All I need now is a lens to match.

41 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

It does happen! Wifey said I could have a camera I have been looking for as a Christmas present.  Took a punt on a camera described as "excellent condition"  It was a reasonable price and offered returns. It came today, 

I am now the proud owner of a 36 year old Nikon F3 Possibly the best professional camera Nikon has ever made. The amazing bit is that the camera appears to never have been used. It really is as new. A rare beast indeed! All I need now is a lens to match.

And some film!😉

26 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Nice, not in quite the same league but I bought, about 6 years ago, a Canon A1 with every conceivable extra ever made as far as I can see, most still boxed, for £80, wanted one since I was in my teens 40+ years ago.

I do hope you kept it all.

10 hours ago, DUNKS said:

I do hope you kept it all.

Would never part with it, I can still remember feeling lucky that I had managed to simply get a sales brochure when I was a teenager, will put a pic up later if I get chance. Pic of your F3 would be nice, I used to have a display cabinet in our dining room with 10 or so classic 35mm cameras but the boss made me put them all away. 

13 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Fabulous! 👍

30 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

Polaroid did it for me back then  

Hello, I remember those, my son has an instant camera that cost ££££sss not sure what make,

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well done, a classic 35 mm camera, used by most professionals back in the swinging 60s 

The only camera I thought to try from way back to WW1 a solders camera by Kodak , not sure what model but I think it was a 127 roll film, any ideas PW 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

58 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I’m wondering where all my darkroom equipment went from the late 80’s.

Spent many an hour messing about with developer and fixers…

Hello, me to, I use to freelance for the local newspaper, quite often fishing photos for the local expert/writer 🤔

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I remember those, my son has an instant camera that cost ££££sss not sure what make,

The only camera I thought to try from way back to WW1 a solders camera by Kodak , not sure what model but I think it was a 120 roll film, any ideas PW ??

One of these?

SOLDIERS CAMERA.jpg

Usually called the VEST POCKET CAMERA I believe.

16 hours ago, DUNKS said:

I use  a place called MPB.com for lots of my secondhand camera gear . Some top quality stuff they sell.

nikon made some amazing lenses in the past , and still sort after today . This is my latest nikon buy old school , but digital . Will take any lens nikon ever made 

Screenshot_20211117-122011_Samsung Internet.jpg

Always had an interest in photography. First camera in 1957 was a Zeiss Nettar 120 folding camera. Wifey bought it for me to take on a far East commission. On the way out we had what you might call a minor mishap and the camera spent two weeks under water. End of.  

Long story short. On holiday in Cornwall back in the day, my new Canon AE1 jammed and it was the only Camera between two families. Brother came out mid holiday with the only one available in the shop, an AT1. Went to the low tide mark to snap a couple of lads fishing. Slipped on a green rock and the camera swung around and hit me in the back. Went to get up and slipped again and the camera swung around again and smashed on a rock. Took what was left of the smashed front filter off with pliers and there wasn't a mark on the camera and it performed perfectly for the rest of the holiday.

Well done on the Nikon. Fantastic camera.

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well done, a classic 35 mm camera, used by most professionals back in the swinging 60s 

Apologies for being a pedent - th3 Nikon F3 was a 1980's camera - with i think some weird variations like the high speed version being made untill the early 2000's.

The Nikon F was the one your thinking about.

All good cameras though - the whole F range was excellent. I had a F4S and and F5 (still have the F5 somewhere)