General License 2022 update

WalkedUp

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I'm sure the Puppeteer will have her hand up Boris's back.

I am sure you are quite correct, but that is the most comprehensive update yet, at least some thought has been put in to it this time after the previous balls ups they have issued.

I wonder how far we get in to 2022 before Wild Justice start legal action?

9 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I would imagine their lawyers are back on it today, fresh from their skiing trips in chalets paid for by mad old ladies bequeathing silly money to silly causes.

Yes indeed, I wonder how the rise of Wild justice has hit the coffers of the RSPCA?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
A "t"

This is the crucial part in bold:

“Includes birds kept in an enclosure or which are free roaming but remain significantly dependent on the provision of food, water or shelter, by a keeper for their survival

It essentially redefines the understanding of ‘livestock’ in the GL as before this applied to penned birds only. This is actually quite good news. Of course for the RSPB’s Kate Jennings this appears to have given her an irresistible sounding board in a comic called the Guardian - and she has somehow managed to attach the term ‘climate emergency’ to her duplicitous drivel. Hilarious. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/01/2022 at 13:57, Fellside said:

... It essentially redefines the understanding of ‘livestock’ in the GL as before this applied to penned birds only. ...

Wonder if a farmer now has a legal defense for shooting a dog threatening his game bird 'livestock'.

Edited by otherwayup

• 1 month later...

Defra has confirmed that the England GL42 general licence text was amended to reflect the fact that the law had not changed and that released game birds not largely dependent on gamekeepers for survival do not count as livestock, and that they would be contesting Wild Justice’s claims.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/11/outcry-prompts-u-turn-over-killing-wild-birds-to-protect-game-birds-in-england

• 2 weeks later...