Another call from the farmer

maxwell

Another call from the farmer about the wood pigeons on the OSR, so gear packed and two from the freezer for the magnet.

I have had an issue with neck pain lately after a days shooting so decided to give a semi auto a try.

The wind was really blowing and I was struggling to get set up anywhere near where the pigeons were, the hide looked more like a mountaineering expedition with bungee’s and guide ropes everywhere.

The  birds were a slow trickle from the start as they have been shot 4 times lately on this field but the weather held so I stayed until the end with 34 shot and 33 picked, as a plus no neck pain today either, thank you for reading.

3662A817-6D44-4F06-A4CB-6803E748F3C9.jpeg

After an on off relationship with semi autos (starting with me nicking my dads new Beretta 301 off him when I was a teenager to go over the fields with), I have just bought an A400 Lite Beretta which has the Kick off system as JDog refers to and I have to say I’m impressed with it. The one main thing it has is plenty of adjustment. I’ve got the comb as high as it will go with the 50mm shim fitted and it is an excellent fit for me. 

I had a walk over before Christmas and managed a few roost shooting but en route to the wood I managed a lovely Snipe as pictured below.

1BD8B312-7E99-415A-B611-F6125190E1F1.jpeg

Just to add the felt recoil is pretty much zero. 

A6002ACA-D11C-4BE8-ACF7-45EAA5BE6876.jpeg

It’s not the best looking of guns but it’s very light weight and as a rough shooting gun it is pretty much ideal. 

Edited by BinaryB

2 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

I have the a400 xplor light and love it. @oldypigeonpopper if you want an exact weight let me know and I’ll weigh it for you 👍🏻

Hello, I checked it out, 6.6llbs , about the same as my Yildiz game light, less the recoil, 

3 hours ago, BinaryB said:

After an on off relationship with semi autos (starting with me nicking my dads new Beretta 301 off him when I was a teenager to go over the fields with), I have just bought an A400 Lite Beretta which has the Kick off system as JDog refers to and I have to say I’m impressed with it. The one main thing it has is plenty of adjustment. I’ve got the comb as high as it will go with the 50mm shim fitted and it is an excellent fit for me. 

I had a walk over before Christmas and managed a few roost shooting but en route to the wood I manage a lovely Snipe as pictured below.

1BD8B312-7E99-415A-B611-F6125190E1F1.jpeg

Just to add the felt recoil is pretty much zero. 

A6002ACA-D11C-4BE8-ACF7-45EAA5BE6876.jpeg

It’s not the best looking of guns but it’s very light weight and as a rough shooting gun it is pretty much ideal. 

Looks ok to me, I like synthetic stocks,