What is Best with Scotch Eggs?

TIGHTCHOKE

I used to like the Scotch eggs from Marks and Sparks ,not sure if they still sell them , when you cut them open the yolk was still a bit runny , what did I use as a compliment ? , nothing , once I opened the box the Scotch egg had to be demolished , lack of will power I am afraid .:lol:

More scotch eggs!

Not adulterated.

We stopped at Tebay services last week on the way up to Necastle then on the way back as we do like the scotch eggs they do.

My favourite is the traditional; Mrs 7 days likes the sweet potato and goats cheese one and my boy 'snaffles' the 'smokey Joe' which are smoked pork flavour.

They also do a unusual pasty called a 'Foggy', the cheese ones are very nice, however, they had ran out. 😢

2 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Love a scotch egg. Make my own with 2 parts sausage meat and 1 part black pudding - Game changer.

And a bit of Englsih Mustard on the side (plus a sausage roll, pork pie and a pickled onion - British tapas at its very best!!)

Not wanting to derail the op's thread but where do you get decent black pudding nowadays 🤔 most butchers don't have it, I find, and them that do have that stuff spicy and dry in plastic.

4 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Love a scotch egg. Make my own with 2 parts sausage meat and 1 part black pudding - Game changer.

And a bit of Englsih Mustard on the side (plus a sausage roll, pork pie and a pickled onion - British tapas at its very best!!)

I was just getting some food in for tomorrows elevenses.

I do like your take on these things though.

3 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Cut in half and a good dollop of Salad Cream 👍

Oh yes, got to be Heinz and not the LIGHT stuff. 

I'm a heathen when it comes to eating scotch eggs, specially home made ones, XL eggs and home made pork and leek sausage meat the size of tennis balls. 

Cut into 4 and a squeezy bottle of Salad cream add a good size dollop on the flat side and in it goes. Heaven 😍

2 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Not wanting to derail the op's thread but where do you get decent black pudding nowadays 🤔 most butchers don't have it, I find, and them that do have that stuff spicy and dry in plastic.

Try Burrows butchers in Sutton in Ashfield  used to make them in a loaf tin  Not far from you

59 minutes ago, Ratlegs said:

Try Burrows butchers in Sutton in Ashfield  used to make them in a loaf tin  Not far from you

But that cant be a scotch egg if it comes in a loaf tin ?

there supposed to be a round ball of sausage meat with an egg in the middle. I dont doubt there nice from Burrows though, but not a scotch egg.