What is Best with Scotch Eggs?

TIGHTCHOKE

Further to the above;

I thought about adding more chilli and happened to have a bottle of Linghams Chilli Sauce with Ginger and Garlic at the back of the cupboard.

Added a good splash to the Tomato Chutney and hey presto!    The perfect accompaniment to a Scotch Egg or two.

Now that was good, well thought out research, thank you all for your help.

IMG_20220106_131329.jpg

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

On 06/01/2022 at 13:28, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Further to the above;

I thought about adding more chilli and happened to have a bottle of Linghams Chilli Sauce with Ginger and Garlic at the back of the cupboard.

Added a good splash to the Tomato Chutney and hey presto!    The perfect accompaniment to a Scotch Egg or two.

Now that was good, well thought out research, thank you all for your help.

IMG_20220106_131329.jpg

Your post prompted me to get a bottle of this from Amazon Prime.

It turned up this evening and went well with some Cheddar before bed.

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

I don't worry about it but just dine at The Jack In The green at Rockbeare and just have either the standard or black pudding version - which ever is on the starter menu at the time. No need to overthink things, is there? 

Apparently not in the world of food!  :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a jar of this the other day. I'd never seen it nor heard of it before. But it is IMHO everything that Branston pickle ought to be but isn't! I'd urge other PW members to comment of they've had Stoke's pickle before?

I like it! And it has a "bite" unlike Branston and doesn't seem to have that "cloying" taste of cheap ingredients done to death that Branston (which I have never liked for that reason) has got.

https://www.stokessauces.co.uk/shop/relish-chutney/sticky-pickle/

Stoke's pickle:

Sugar and Cane Molasses (42%), Vegetables (35%) (Onion, Courgette, Cauliflower, Gherkin, Water, Acid: Acetic Acid, Salt, (Sulphites)), Spirit Vinegar, Water, Thickener: Modified Maize Starch, Apple Compote (Apple Puree, Sugar), Black Treacle, Tomato Puree, Caramelised Sugar Syrup, Seasoning (Salt, Natural Flavouring), Garlic Puree.

Branston pickle:

Vegetables in Variable Proportions (52%) (Carrot, Rutabaga, Onion, Cauliflower), Sugar, Barley Malt Vinegar, Water, Spirit Vinegar, Tomato Purée, Date Paste (Dates, Rice Flour), Salt, Apple Pulp, Modified Maize Starch, Colour (Sulphite Ammonia Caramel), Onion Powder, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Spices, Colouring Food (Roasted Barley Malt Extract), Herb and Spice Extracts.

Edited by enfieldspares

On 04/01/2022 at 15:26, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I do enjoy a Scotch Egg or two, what do the PW Membership think is the best accompaniment to the Glasgow hand grenade?

English Mustard, HP Sauce or Branston Pickle are all in contention, just can't decide what brings out the flavour best.

Try dipping in Stokes Original Barbecue Sauce or if you like tomato then their Bloody Mary Tomato sauce. Order off the web and delivered to the door. Beware they do a whole range of delicious additives and pickles.

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

black pudding (the proper stuff)...and tinned plum tomatoes with a dash of wouster sauce...or just plain black pud and fried barn fresh eggs sunny side up................

now yer talking:yahoo:

You damned heathen, if you must eat offal keep quiet about it!   :w00t:

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I bought a jar of this the other day. I'd never seen it nor heard of it before. But it is IMHO everything that Branston pickle ought to be but isn't! I'd urge other PW members to comment of they've had Stoke's pickle before?

I like it! And it has a "bite" unlike Branston and doesn't seem to have that "cloying" taste of cheap ingredients done to death that Branston (which I have never liked for that reason) has got.

https://www.stokessauces.co.uk/shop/relish-chutney/sticky-pickle/

Stoke's pickle:

Sugar and Cane Molasses (42%), Vegetables (35%) (Onion, Courgette, Cauliflower, Gherkin, Water, Acid: Acetic Acid, Salt, (Sulphites)), Spirit Vinegar, Water, Thickener: Modified Maize Starch, Apple Compote (Apple Puree, Sugar), Black Treacle, Tomato Puree, Caramelised Sugar Syrup, Seasoning (Salt, Natural Flavouring), Garlic Puree.

Branston pickle:

Vegetables in Variable Proportions (52%) (Carrot, Rutabaga, Onion, Cauliflower), Sugar, Barley Malt Vinegar, Water, Spirit Vinegar, Tomato Purée, Date Paste (Dates, Rice Flour), Salt, Apple Pulp, Modified Maize Starch, Colour (Sulphite Ammonia Caramel), Onion Powder, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Spices, Colouring Food (Roasted Barley Malt Extract), Herb and Spice Extracts.

I just love Stoke`s Sticky Pickle and always stock up on it and other Stoke`s stuff when in Suffolk/Norfolk.

I know that Walker570 also loves it and buys his online.

OB